Hacking MicroSD Memory Card For Problematic Games

yanos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I bought an M3DSReal recently, which came with a Sandisk 4GB MicroSDHC memory card, made in Taiwan.

The problem is certain games have errors in-game e.g.
-Castlevania: DOS (intro choppy, sfx/music errors at certain points).
-Castlevania: POR (game freezes after accessing in-game menus).
-The World Ends With You (game freezes after frog battle).

I am using the latest firmware iSakuReal v1.3, and have tried running the games through the 3 firmwares, same problems occur with each one though.

I've also tried different rom dumps of the games, errors still the same.

So now I'm looking to buy another MicroSD card, and have read that the Kingston 1GB made in Japan, is one of the best memory cards for running the games mentioned.

The Kingston is hold to get hold of in this country, as I don't have a credit card for orders abroad, so I was thinking of buying a Toshiba memory card (Japan), as I read that these are good memory cards too.

Here is the memory card I was thinking of buying:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Flash-memo...439&sr=8-12

Is this a good memory card to run the games mentioned, or would I be wasting money?
unsure.gif

Thanks for any advice.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First of all, try reformatting your microSD card with the Panasonic formatter.

I believe that both the Kingston and Toshiba Japanese-made microSD cards (both 1 and 2 GB) are considered the best. The 2GB one you linked to looks like the right one, but it's a little expensive.

I'm guessing you're not in the U.S., but if you are newegg.com has this one for $5.39 with free shipping: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....amp;x=0&y=0

-Bri

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What class is the microSDHC?

In my experience Taiwan made Kingston microSDs (non-HC) are way lower in read and write speeds -- by 75% or so. Some users report no problems with CV, etc. but I have seen many more that do have problems because of the Taiwan cards. The problem with buying from NewEgg is that you gamble on whether you will get a Japan or Taiwan made card. You can get a Japan card for sure from here (the picture is of a 1G but the description mentions this). *Note that goods from DX take 2 weeks or so to receive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)