spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
The title really says it all, but I have just had my first iOS game accepted and it is now available.

While Curtis Nerdly was away from his computer, a nasty pirate (Capt. Nick De Code) came and stole his program code. Control Curtis and navigate a range of challenges to retrieve all of the program code and prevent it's spread via piracy.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/microquest/id593323187?mt=8

photo_3_thumb.PNG
photo_2_thumb.PNG

mzl.htnmaucb.320x480-75.jpg

Did I mention that it's FREE!!!

Any feedback is highly recommended :-)

LINK289

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Looks great!

I downloaded it right away but sadly, it has been crashing on my iPad as soon as I start the app. Its an iPad 2nd gen on 5.1.1

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I totally agree with your views on tutorials in the description. I find them almost unbearable these days and it just makes me want to turn the game off. Half the fun in games is uncovering mysteries via experimentation and exploring -- tuts rob gamers of that.

I'd love to dust off my old Itouch 2nd gen and give your game a whirl, but of course the little devil wouldn't be up top snuff anyway. :P

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The title really says it all, but I have just had my first iOS game accepted and it is now available.

While Curtis Nerdly was away from his computer, a nasty pirate (Capt. Nick De Code) came and stole his program code. Control Curtis and navigate a range of challenges to retrieve all of the program code and prevent it's spread via piracy.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/microquest/id593323187?mt=8

photo_3_thumb.PNG
photo_2_thumb.PNG

mzl.htnmaucb.320x480-75.jpg

Did I mention that it's FREE!!!

Any feedback is highly recommended :-)
No Android? :(

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I totally agree with your views on tutorials in the description. I find them almost unbearable these days and it just makes me want to turn the game off. Half the fun in games is uncovering mysteries via experimentation and exploring -- tuts rob gamers of that.

long tutorials popped up when games became digital, as they could no longer include manuals. we saw digital content with paper manuals, then downloadable manuals, then in-game manuals, then smaller in-game manuals, then long tutorials, then shorter tutorials. if the pattern continues we will see less and less tutorials.

i like a 1 page manual that describes the basics and then i like to discover the rest.

congrats spinal.

-another world

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That screenshot sure did remind me of chip's challenge, and boy... now I really got to play this!! :D Congratulations, and I'll return with feedback :3
EDIT:
Oh, well, no I won't... My old iPod Touch, second generation isn't supported.
(And btw, the 2g iTouch got old and unsupported like a year after It was released ¬_¬ won't make that mistake again)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It's minimum iOS 5.1... So that means
All iPad models
iPod Touch 3rd Gen onwards
iPhone 3GS onwards

Nice it's iPhone 5 enhanced! I'll give it a good shot. :D

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheers on finishing a game. If you'll have some free time in April, check out Ludum Dare, a weekend-long game design competition.

I usually enter with a few friends, but I'd love to bring you along for the simple fact that your art is far beyond what I can do.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only played the first couple stages but it's pretty neat so far. I especially enjoy the music and graphics. Stage one took me a few tries to 3 star but stage 2 only took one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-