ROM Hack MHX Save Editing

blazevx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to edit your Palico's appearance because I tried both editors and haven't been able to find a way to do that.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just made a pretty great mixed armor set that i want to share with you guys, those who dont exactly know what to do, from there you can understand and explore the cheat engine to make your own armor set, hope you like it

It's very simple, just copy what i did in this picture and then save, for the decorations (no weapon slot needed)

The 3rd line is the sharpness +5/attack +9 (3 slot) talisman. As for the armor pieces, make it yourself so you can enjoy the game. You can also use either MHX Sav Editor or the easy CyberCodeApply method. If you use mhx sav editor, remember to empty the first seven slot of the equipment box

I only go solo, so hope you dont blame me for cheats overused

If you are having trouble at any step, message me on Facebook (i rarely on the forum): https://www.facebook.com/dsadsad.sdasdsa.5

Why you would even use this weapon that requires Sharpness+2? The White Gale DB has 190 attack, 15% affinity and natural long white so you can invest in other offensive skills like Weakness Exploit or Super Crit. Even the default Narga weapon has 180 attack, 40% affinity, natural short white and 2 slots.

scarless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why you would even use this weapon that requires Sharpness+2? The White Gale DB has 190 attack, 15% affinity and natural long white so you can invest in other offensive skills like Weakness Exploit or Super Crit. Even the default Narga weapon has 180 attack, 40% affinity, natural short white and 2 slots.
i'm more of a elemental user, but in your case, i'll use this for narga's weapon
1_zpsbaczs7r7.jpg

anyone want me to share my setup? :D

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm more of a elemental user, but in your case, i'll use this for narga's weapon

anyone want me to share my setup? :D

+4 Hearing +2 Black Blaze, 2 slots charm with your parts, what's to share? :/

Here, I modified your set for you to make it better with more defence.

Blazing Helm
Blazing Mail
Blazing Braces
Blazing Faulds
Blazing Greaves
-----------------
+10 Expert OOO
-----------------
1x Expert Jewel 3
-----------------
340-610 Def, 25 Fir, 0 Wat, 0 Ice, -10 Thn, -15 Drg

Last edited by justln,

scarless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how to create a charm ? i creat one with 10 bombardier but i have a charm with no ability why can u help me?

Please read my previous post man :D
and read this charm max value (head to mhx wiki to find your specific skill in english): http://mhx-wiki.com/index.php?お守り最大性能

+4 Hearing +2 Black Blaze, 2 slots charm with your parts, what's to share? :/

Here, I modified your set for you to make it better with more defence.

Sorry for my crappy english but i was meant to share how to add this set with sav editor

But thanks anw :D i dont know why but i cant seem to create a +10 expert talisman, everytime i put '10' to the value line, then in the game, it will jump to +16 expert, which will be turned to garbage.

I'm glad if you or anyone can show me how to fix this <3

How do I create this set???
2_zpsl5w62nlg.jpg

you're welcome :D

Last edited by scarless,
Reactions: pein1986

Adenine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi
i use extradata dump, i copied

DUMP "00001554:/system" "system2"
DUMP "00001554:/system_backup" "system_backup2"
RESTORE "system" "00001554:/system"
RESTORE "system_backup" "00001554:/system_backup"

in config.txt, but when i chose " dump exdata specified in config ", it give me this message : " could not open archive "

is anyone has an idea ?
my new3ds is in 9.2

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
On any of the editors is there something to just allow 1 shotting of Monsters? Like bumping up the raw damage on a weapon? Curious how to go about it for some shizz and giggles.

MaChao1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I tried editing some talismans, seemed to work as far as the file is concerned but when I try to restore it to the DS it says copying failed?
(using extradatatool via homebrew)

Reign12349

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
uh... I'm getting a "copying failed" error whenever I try to restore the extdat thru extdat dump in homebrew.
Any recommendation?

Vladimir15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea, added the right directory path (dump, etc) but it still gives me copying failed message. Triple checked spelling, and ll that to no avail.

OK where are you accessing homebrew. I'm guessing you are using emunand. If this is the case and they are unlinked then accessing homebrew from ctrbootmanager won't work as it try reading your sysnand ext data. Do you have the homebrew cia installed in emunand? Have you tried restoring it through that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...