ROM Hack MHX Save Editing

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Added MHX Editor update to ver0.24 and full ver0.24ENG(Poorly transltd)
Adds more palico editing and character values...
195932tucauuh49do1h1hu.png

Download link Full ver0.24 ENG(poorly-trans.):https://mega.nz/#!w9lDCTwI!M3H9cOngwvwEmaoASAIN_OhNxotshatnaLbd5aGC9VA
Download link update 0.24:https://mega.nz/#!F9F2hACD!RDGZrdsaNRkn8484WaqVEnaNOfWLb_dgxRvdCOR4TP8

Talexius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So... I've just been dumping my saves until now, but I finally tried editing one and now the game crashes after the first black screen with Japanese text. If I delete the save completely the game works fine, but if I try restoring one of my unmodified backups it starts crashing again. Is there some trick I'm missing?

Did you do something to the "system_backup" file?

Talexius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I did when I was trying to modify it but the backup that I have is completely unmodified and that wont work either.

I meant the file named "system_backup". There are two files, "system" and "system_backup". They need to be equal. If they are not the game crashes, I believe.

If it isn't that then I don't know what's happening.

moghedien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant the file named "system_backup". There are two files, "system" and "system_backup". They need to be equal. If they are not the game crashes, I believe.

Yeah, I'm trying to restore a completely unmodified backup of both files (their md5 sums match). And I have like 10 different backups from various times and they all make the game crash :(
I was only HR2, I guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal to start over, it's just really annoying.

Reactions: SaagiBols

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

that never happened before for me. I think the savedata something going wrong.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, I'm trying to restore a completely unmodified backup of both files (their md5 sums match). And I have like 10 different backups from various times and they all make the game crash :(
I was only HR2, I guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal to start over, it's just really annoying.
could you send me your data?

Last edited by Februarysn0w,

rexko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to keep bothering you, but I'm terrible at using Java.... How can I run editor by JRE?
I founf it myself.!
Google and type JRE windows! i found some docs but its korean lang,

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, there's no tool can convert raw save to "system" data in PC yet? some of friends who cant use rx or GW is waiting that tools. even i tried copy their raw save data and paste it in rxtools SDcard, it only extract 1kb 00's dummy... im waiting for PC convert tool..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i copied system and rename"system_backup", no error works fine

Reactions: Februarysn0w

Deneviel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dunno why but in my case a lot of weapon are missing in the edit screen of v2.4. I can propely edit them with version v2.1

tj445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry if this has already been posted here, has anyone successfully changed their face/gender/voice and what not?
I tried using the MHX editor 0.24 to edit them. While I succeed at first and my appearance is changed at first glance on the save loading menu, it reverts back to the previous when inside the actual game.

Edit: apparently you have to edit all the attributes named face, face1, face2, gender, gender1, gender2 and so on. One hold the image on the loading screen, one holds the image on the guild card and the other one has the actual player image.
Y u do dis capcom

Last edited by tj445,

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
item/equipment boxes not unlocking Bug Fix
(it happens after cheating in the packrat/backpacker/organizer guides!)
Here is the fix:
savedataX hex offset: :01A22(add it to 000c7a1c=000C943E or 001b2f48=... or 0029e474=...) and edit the next 8 bytes to those values 00 20 60 40 00 20 60 40 (this will unlock 14 item/equipment boxes and 7 palico boxes)

(was found and posted on a japanese forum...)

Last edited by SaagiBols,
Reactions: -Xin-

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Is there any code to replace inventory items for charms to appear them on rewards screen? I tried with MHX Codes creator but it didn't work.

Also, I tried editing with the save editor but it messes up my box filling it with items and I just want charms and minerals.

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there any code to replace inventory items for charms to appear them on rewards screen? I tried with MHX Codes creator but it didn't work.
Also, I tried editing with the save editor but it messes up my box filling it with items and I just want charms and minerals.
account items/charms/and rusted equipment get removed from inventory when you go on a quest with them:( plus you cant make illegal/over-powered or just incorrect charms...
but we could edit the dlc reward box to give 99 charms...
:)perhaps @moghedien can show us an easy&fast way to edit ur dlc reward box with hex editing?,. :D

Reactions: -Xin-

SunTea07

K-POP / Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
item/equipment boxes not unlocking Bug Fix
(it happens after cheating in the packrat/backpacker/organizer guides!)
Here is the fix:
savedataX hex offset: :01A22(add it to 000c7a1c=000C943E or 001b2f48=... or 0029e474=...) and edit the next 8 bytes to those values 00 20 60 40 00 20 60 40 (this will unlock 14 item/equipment boxes and 7 palico boxes)

(was found and posted on a japanese forum...)
have you tested this?

moghedien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
account items/charms/and rusted equipment get removed from inventory when you go on a quest with them:( plus you cant make illegal/over-powered or just incorrect charms...
but we could edit the dlc reward box to give 99 charms...
:)perhaps @moghedien can show us an easy&fast way to edit ur dlc reward box with hex editing?,. :D
Nothing I release is fast and easy, haha. But I do have a thread about editing the DLC quests: http://gbatemp.net/threads/mhx-dlc-encryption.404331/

Also, after much trial and error, I ended up restoring my save file by writing it directly to the game's memory using the NTR debugger. No idea why I can't use SDF to restore it but oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1