RELEASE MHGU Save Editor

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Entoptical, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Black ace

Black ace GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2010
    Even then the prices are steep for how little you get. I'd rather wait for a free way to edit charms+use online safely.

2. Eificnal

Eificnal Newbie

Newcomer
    May 30, 2019
    Singapore
    Hmm.. I'm not sure what he quoted you but I got 5 Charms from him at really reasonable rate. Compared with the time spent over 400+ rounds of charm farm and not even getting close to 1 of the charm I needed, I'm fine with this deal.

Last edited by Eificnal, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Black ace

Black ace GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2010
    Yep pretty much the same price:

1 Charm : USD 10
    3 Charms : USD 25
    5 Charms : USD 35
    7 Charms : USD 42
    10 Charms : USD 50

For me personally I already hacked some charms from MHGen so I can't justify spending that much just for a couple of extra sets. I can understand why others who weren't able to would want to pay for charms though.

4. Eificnal

Eificnal Newbie

Newcomer
    May 30, 2019
    Singapore
    Lucky you. I played MHGU only at switch release. The risk from meddling with my own switch is too high. Since it's just a save edit and the risk is totally on another person, it's a yes for me.

Last edited by Eificnal, Jul 12, 2019
  5. Nirake

Nirake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2019
    Austria
    Hi.

I have been trying to get my MHXX save from my 3DS to work on my Switch and so far I've had no success. The save was originally a MHGen save that I converted when MHXX released (if that makes a difference…).

Here’s what I’ve done:

1. I used JKSM to export the 3DS MHXX ExtData to my PC
    2. I used Checkpoint to get the Switch ExtData that I want to overwrite with my 3DS save
    3. I used the MHGU save editor to convert the 3DS save to Switch and I selected my Switch ExtData when asked to
    4. After restoring the modified save with Checkpoint, I started MHGU and my Switch gave me the generic message “The software was closed because an error occurred.” The game crashes immediately – not even the Capcom splash screen is shown. After restoring the original MHGU save file the game launches perfectly fine

I’ve attached my MHXX save file. I got rid of all DLC items, equipment and Palicos. I’ve deleted all Guild cards.

I don’t really know what else I should try. Should I just give up on trying to convert the save file? I’d be thankful for any help.

Attached Files:

6. szevdgbdd

szevdgbdd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2019
    United States
    Hello, I have a little problem. I have a MHXX save game that I would like to convert so that it works on MHGU but I can not seem to succeed. Could anyone help me out. Here is the save file

Attached Files:

7. wiifii

wiifii Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2007
    United States
    what are the goldly talisman worth buying?

i main longsword, greatsword, gunlance and LBG

8. AlexZutroy

AlexZutroy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2019
    Spain
    ou, ok, so u lend ur account and he modify it. i get it. well... i dont want to ask him for that... i would like to know how to extract my save from switch and then modify my charms.
    very thanks =)

9. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    When using it the game tells me the save is corrupt and will create a new save, I'm editing MHGU "system" directly from checkpoint

Last edited by cucholix, Jul 20, 2019
  10. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    Last edited by Ericjwg, Jul 20, 2019
  11. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
  12. Redbunnymoon

Redbunnymoon GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2015
    Austria
    How can i combine my MHGU savestate with charakter with an empty savestate that have all the DLCs?
    I dont want to beginn from beginn, but i want the dlcs

13. Redbunnymoon

Redbunnymoon GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2015
    Austria

EDIT: nevermind, my problem was the language. The DLC Savestate was in english, my own was in German.
    Thanks for the help <3

urgh, i dont get it!
    i open my own save with a character.
    It begins with 18CC9C (where my Char Name stand)
    i tested it with the 11d088 block length and i tested it with an second character to see where the second one begins and copied the block right before the next one begins.
    But nothing works.

I Testet it right now with the DLC Savestate, make 2 Chars, copied the block from the second and paste it as a third char, that dont work for me too...
    i´m too stupid for that :(

Last edited by Redbunnymoon, Jul 24, 2019
  14. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    if it's an empty slot, u need to copy more blocks after 11d088, those are the in-game quick message strings.

15. hunter24

hunter24 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2018
    France
    Hello everyone, is this someone would have very good palico inspired gajinhunter or others to share with the community because I have a lot of trouble with the publisher palico. Any help is precious, thank you in advance.

16. HUNTA

HUNTA Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2019
    United States
    Hi,
    I tried to modify a charm and create new ones with this tool without success. Yet when I modify the charm and save, it says it's saved but in game, nothing happens... I don't understand someone could help me? i'm on the 1.4 version

Last edited by HUNTA, Aug 10, 2019