RELEASE MHGU Save Editor

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Entoptical, Aug 19, 2018.

1. president

president Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2017
    United States
    the converter asks for a switch save file i thought it would make you transfer your 3ds into switch i wasted hours of editing only to find out it doesnt work and also my mhgu doesnt want to save anymore even if i deleted the previous save so mhgu cant be played on my hacked switch for some reason.. gives me and sd card error but only for this game

2. Jinx1337

Jinx1337 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2019
    United States
    Can I convert a MHGenu Switch savegame to 3DS XX?

Reason why Im asking is I only have a 3ds with XX which has crossplay with Switch XX.

However, by using cheats in code format through Luma you can change region of the 3DS XX and connect with people who play Switch Genu (there's a thread on GBAtemp here).

However, since DLC mismatch, one can crash the other players by posting event DLC quests. Now, considering MHXX/Genu DLC are basically saved in the savegame, my idea would be to convert a full Switch Genu savegame with DLC downlpaded (or rather embedded within the savefile) into 3DS XX format to see if that would work.

Is it doable? Could someone also provide a clean 0 percent Switch Genu savefile with all the DLC downloaded?

3. AmaDeusProfiter

AmaDeusProfiter Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2019
    United States
    It seems everytime I edit my save, and then re-inject back using JKSV. I have done nothing to my savefile

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

As well as when I try again, I backup my save with JKSV. I end up with a system file and a folder. If you go to the root of the folder it also contains another system file. Both have same file size. Which one should we be using in the Save Editor?

4. Huy98vn

Huy98vn GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2017
    Vietnam
    deleted

Last edited by Huy98vn, Nov 14, 2019 at 3:27 PM
  5. AmaDeusProfiter

AmaDeusProfiter Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2019
    United States
    I've noticed my save doesn't load properly in the save editor

6. AmaDeusProfiter

AmaDeusProfiter Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2019
    United States
    After successfully booting up my save into the save editor and testing by adding in one weapon(Steve GL). I re-injected back into my Switch. Load the game up and no changes have taken place. When I create a backup of the save again, and load it with the save editor. I can clearly see the new GunLance I placed in my material box. Anyone have any suggestions why it’s not showing up in game?

7. AmaDeusProfiter

AmaDeusProfiter Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2019
    United States
    @entopical
    Does the save editor work for the updated version of GenU? From my testing it looks like it doesn’t, as every time I try to inject my modified save I don’t see any of the changes in the game.

8. Jaozee2K12

Jaozee2K12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2019
    United States
    Is there a way to export box items? I want to play my second profile with the charms I created. For those who are having issues with injecting their save for GU, try using Checkpoint. Works fine for me.

Edit: I'm a noob. There was the option in the menu :P

Last edited by Jaozee2K12, Nov 11, 2019
  9. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Is really the only CFW friendly way of transferring a save from MHG to MHGU to do all the conversion from:

MHG -> MHX -> MHXX -> MHXX (Switch) and then trying to convert the offsets to MHGU using this editor?

10. venom19910

venom19910 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2019
    Ecuador
    Hello guys, I was wondering if someone could help me converting my save from mhxx(3ds). I'm a noob with Hex editor. I was trying to figure it out, but when i put the converted save to my nswitch, the game freezes.

Attached Files:

• mh.rar
      File size:
      778.4 KB
      Views:
  11. ChaosSoulReaper

ChaosSoulReaper Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2016
    United States
    I tried to edit a time on my guild card for an arena quest the Barroth one but when I click on it I get an error. is there any way to fix it?

12. Huy98vn

Huy98vn GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2017
    Vietnam
    delete all your 3ds dlc (or all DLC and items that not avaiable on MHGU if you know which ones), and delete all event/MHXX only items too, then use the MHGU save editor that author attached in page 1 to convert it to MHGU save. And remember you must have system_backup file when restoring save or your MHGU will crash (clone system and rename it to system_backup)

Last edited by Huy98vn, Nov 14, 2019 at 4:53 PM
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted