1. Dlgaol

Dlgaol Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, I've been trying to convert my 3ds MHXX -> MHGU Switch for the longest time and I have absolutely no idea how to do so, can you help please?

2. alteredcybody

alteredcybody Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    aw man it's been a while, you'll need an hex editing tool and a Switch copy of MHXX

then you go from MHXX 3DS to MHXX Switch using the official transfer tool
    then MHXX to MHGU you copy and paste your entire character slot from the MHXX Switch hex file to the MHGU hex file (you'll have to snipe your chara slot on both sheets and simply replace it, iirci found the end of a chara slot to be the last custom messages so I renamed it a name I could search in the hex file then selected all values between the first iteration of my name to the last custom message. I suggest you do the same on XX Switch by creating a character with the same name as the one on GU and then you edit the last custom so you can search for it.

It's tedious, may require many attempts, will erase your GU guild card list and the friendship will forever display a random number (it displays the right friendship values just by refreshing the GC page by going R1 then L1 for example) maybe it's possible to snipe your GC list but my save worked and I was just soaked so I never touched it again
    And you have to hack your Switch too which is simple nowadays but still a pain in the A.

Dlgaol likes this.
  3. SumOf1000Lies

SumOf1000Lies Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Hi, I am interested in trying out an endgame save with some nice registered mixed endgame sets too.

4. SumOf1000Lies

SumOf1000Lies Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Anyone still need help with converting their XX save to GU/ vice-versa? I've successfully hex edited my MHGU save and converted it to XX 3DS and XX Switch with no corruptions (since my GU save has the latest equipment sets in it and I wanted the updated save file on my Japanese copies).

5. VoidDeviant

VoidDeviant Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a way to just export my charms from my 3DS XX save and import them into my Switch save?

6. SumOf1000Lies

SumOf1000Lies Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Using the offical data transfer app, no (unless you are going from Generations --> Generations Ultimate, but then that'd be starting over :x)

The only way is to either have a hackable switch or have someone inject it for you but that someone must have a hackable switch, and he/ she needs your nintendo account so he can inject the save on his own switch, upload it on your nintendo account, then you download it on your own switch

7. SumOf1000Lies

SumOf1000Lies Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Anyone know how to snipe character slots? My friend wants me to duplicate save slot 1 to save slot 3 for him.

8. SumOf1000Lies

SumOf1000Lies Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Never mind, experimented a bit with hex editing. Start block character name, end block last hunter art 3 activation shoutout from group 3 chat shoutouts.

Save edit and save slot duplication both successful.

9. VoidDeviant

VoidDeviant Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a hacked switch, fortunately! The thing is I only want to bring over my charms and do the rest of G-rank from scratch. I didn't get to experience the 'plot' much. Thank you for your reply.

EDIT: I also have a hacked 3DS, so I can export my XX 3DS save if necessary. The tricky part is just the charms.

Last edited by VoidDeviant, May 14, 2020
    SumOf1000Lies likes this.
  10. iSharingan

iSharingan Show me your power

United States
    There's a Talisman editor already out there. Just use it to open both saves in separate windows and manually re-create your old charms on your other save.

11. VoidDeviant

VoidDeviant Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks - I was doing that earlier but it crashed a few times and wiped my progress. That's why I was looking for a way to more quickly export.

EDIT: I used this one all the time when I was playing on 3DS - it crashes when I try to load my Switch save and the last post was in 2018. Does it support MHGU Switch save files?

Last edited by VoidDeviant, May 14, 2020
  12. Ishzark

Ishzark GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    is anyone willing to share their equipment box file with us? would be great seems like when I try to create equipment my game is likely to crash(can't seem to find the error in my creation tho)

13. iSharingan

iSharingan Show me your power

United States
    The error is likely what you have marked as equipped on your hunter. If you remove the weapon/armor you had equipped (or change to the wrong type for the equip slot) the game crashes. Load your old save, remove all armor and equip a weapon you place in slot 1 of the first page in your equipment box. You're then free to do whatever on the rest of the slots (just don't touch the very first slot of your equipment box).

The same applies if you mess with the order of items in your cat equipment box (a crash on looking at cat stuff means one has no weapon equipped/a weapon in an armor slot/armor in its weapon slot/an empty box loxation 'equipped' to a weapon or armor slot)

Ishzark likes this.
  14. serige

serige Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone have the most updated version of the MHXX 3DS to MHXX Switch save transfer tool cia file? I would greatly appreciate if you can share, I just couldn't find it anywhere.

15. VoidDeviant

VoidDeviant Member
    Newcomer

United States
    As an update, I figured out how to work around importing *only* charms (if you enjoy the rest of the grind but not charm farming).

On my 3DS, I moved all the charms I wanted to keep to box 9. I exported the save, opened it in the editor, and then exported the gear box. Then, I opened my Switch save in the save editor and imported the gear box file. Since it only imports boxes 8-20, your gear in the boxes before 8 won't be changed. Much smoother than trying to manually add all the charms.

Hope this helps someone.

16. Ishzark

Ishzark GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    thanks btw, worked fine(should've read the manual first tho, but thanks anyway)

17. Rouk123

Rouk123 Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    Greetings. I acted stupidly, edited active cats, they are now stuck with me, they constantly appear as if they are active, although they are not there. How can I remove them from the program? And another question, I tried with your program to edit my cats, even just made an export to export my cat, and they became troubles. Do not appear if call out. What could be the problem?
    MHGU Switch

18. Huy98vn

Huy98vn GBAtemp Regular

Vietnam
    lol, you didn't make a backup when editing save? I can suggest restore that cat, then deactivate it in-game

Last edited by Huy98vn, Jun 18, 2020
  19. Rouk123

Rouk123 Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    Did. But in theory the problem is only in these two cats, if you do not touch them, but take new ones and make them active, everything is ok with them. It's just that I already edited a bunch of talismans and played a little on them. I would not want to lose this progress. If these 2 failed cats cannot be removed in any way, then this is a problem, but I will go for it. I hope in the future it will not bring any glitches ..

20. Huy98vn

Huy98vn GBAtemp Regular

Vietnam
    You can uneuip your current talisman, remove all decorations in them, move all of them to an empty box page, export whole box, then import it into your old save. Then you can get in game and sell duplicated ones

Last edited by Huy98vn, Jun 18, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Editor,