MH4U Hacked Jewels. Athena's ASS editing help. Japanese needed.

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by lucoia, Apr 26, 2015.

1. lucoia
    OP

lucoia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2008
    United States
    Hi, I hacked the relic Jewels on MH4U so I got them all unlocked to be used like the normal ones and I would like to add them on Athena's ASS too, the cfg files are in plaintext but in japanese.

I tried to google translate it but it's not so clear, like this:

became this:

The format is clear but the content is not, but I'm pretty sure someone who speaks japanese can do this in few minutes, so if anybody is willing to help it's just a matter of adding a few lines of text properly formatted, let's say 6-7 main relic jewels, something like that:

True Honed Jwl2, 2slots, Edgemaster+4
    UltimateHonedJwl3, 3slots, Edgemaster+5

And so on... if anybody is willing to help I'll be very grateful.

2. SunTea07

SunTea07 K-POP / Gamer

Feb 2, 2013
    how did you manage to do it?powersaves i guess?

3. lucoia
    OP

lucoia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2008
    United States
    Nope, I did it on a .3dz rom, I'm willing to explain it in private to whoever help me add those jewels on ASS if the person wants to know.

4. SunTea07

SunTea07 K-POP / Gamer

Feb 2, 2013
    can you tell me how did you unlock those jewels it includes editing the rom right?

5. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    I hope you do not succeed cheater.

Pip'

6. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    you do not need to add them if you understand the skill system and can add numbers you self

and hackers and not welcome online , most get kicked right away

you can get the jewels legit from relic eq (they are locked to that piece eq)

Athena's ASS works fine for legit players

here a tip anyway
    try the my equipment button

7. lucoia
    OP

lucoia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2008
    United States
    Ok, I found a workaround way to do that if anybody is interested, instead of adding the jewels, I changed mycharms.txt and the charm generation .csv for the limits.

Example, If I got a +6 Fastcharge OOO charm, I just add 0,FastCharge,6,Brutality,5, 0,FastCharge,6,Edgemaster,5 and so on, but since most of the relics charms are limited to 1,4 to slot 2, you have to change the generation .csv by simply change all the 1,4 to 1,9 for example, so if you already have a 3,FastCharge,6,Brutality,2 already, you can just add a 0,FastCharge,6,Brutality,7.

A little bit unpractical but it works perfectly.

Adding them on the decorations.txt would it be optimal obv, so any help is still appreciated.

P.S.: Funny Easter egg about ASS, if you try to add the charms without changing the .csv's you can't, but if you add them on the .txt manually and restart ASS without changing the .csv's you'll get a "CHEATER" pop up and the charm will be deleted from the list. :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, you have to edit your mygear.txt too and add whatever skills you want, mine is just:

5,1,5,Edgemaster,0
    5,1,6,Arcana,0
    5,1,5,Brutality,0
    5,1,5,Readiness,0

8. adragon123

adragon123 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2014
    United States
    so can you explain how you made these charms with a .3dz rom pls?

9. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

Jan 26, 2009
    Philippines
    ...and there goes online.

I do fervently hope that if you guys wish to hack your gear for maximum uberness and lulz, that you keep to yourselves. I mean, play with people you know are either hacking gear or are okay with them. This lets you play without being judged for cheating, or kicked outright.

Leave the general population out of it. Please. Thanks.

10. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States

Why? their isn't any verse elements in monster hunter. He's not hurting anyone. Just because he's having fun in his own way, you don't want to play with him...IMO that's fucked up!

11. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    what is this athena tool for? save editing? just displaying all the items in the game, so you know the stats etc?
    i'm interested. i went to the original thread where the tool is, but that still didn't really make sense. (i'm new to monster hunter)

12. Lenan

Lenan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2015
    Swaziland
    it's a simulator for set building. basically you input the skills you want(and/or gear) to have and it tries to generate a set based on your parameters. If it succesfully generates one, you can preview your set and get a list of what you need to farm.

cearp likes this.
  13. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    thanks :) so how can you 'hack' it, or be a 'cheater'? if it is only tell you what monsters to kill to get your items... hmm

14. 3DSfan2671

3DSfan2671 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Canada
    How about you stop being a jackass, and just answer the question? Maybe people would be more inclined to help then.

15. Lenan

Lenan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2015
    Swaziland
    You'll need other tools I suppose. It probably only said "cheater" because he used gear that isn't supported yet or he has hacked armor/charm with a higher stat than the game can roll. Ex: Skill A max roll is +10 but he has 11.
    Take this with a grain of salt though, no clue if what I'm saying is actually true, but that's how I'd explain it logically :P

16. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    so if you ask this program to find you an item that is hacked, it calls you a cheater? i don't really understand sorry :(

17. Lenan

Lenan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2015
    Swaziland
    No, but if you set your parameters to something that isn't possible. Since it's a generator, it probably has some (hardcoded) min/max checks, so if you edit the database with over-max stats, it will call you a cheater :P Again, no clue if this is true, It's just how I'd explain it logically.

/Edited a word

18. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    ah ok ok, i think i understand it better now then (if it is true, haha) :) thanks

19. Lenan

Lenan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2015
    Swaziland
    Glad I could help :P

20. lucoia
    OP

lucoia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2008
    United States
    Kinda, but it's not hardcoded, it's just in the .cvs files in %\Data\Charm Generation

You edit those and you're g2g.