MH:World and Beyond Good & Evil 2 not coming to Switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by DeslotlCL, Jun 14, 2017.

1. DeslotlCL
    OP

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    Look, first of all, i think nintendo had the best e3 this year, Super Mario Odyssey sold me the switch, but still, i wont likely be getting one in a pair of years.

And now about the thread, Monster Hunter World ended being Monster Hunter V, and it will misses the switch in favor of the other platforms. Beyond Good & Evil 2 is also looking unlikely to be released for the switch, since it's only being listed for ps4, xbox one and pc.

Sadly, as much as i loved what nintendo has to offer from a first party perspective, the third party support is still minimal and it's really sad that third party developers are not jumping to the switch hype because of its lack of power compared to the competition....

Big loss for nintendo and its fans.

Source
    Source

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Jun 14, 2017

2. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    That's a shame.

DeslotlCL likes this.
  3. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Meh. Those aren't needed. Nintendos announcements blow those games' announcements out of the water.

4. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    MHW is the only reason I would buy a PS4. I personally believe that it will come to switch later on because we have MHXX confirmed for the Switch right now.

BGE2 I didn't really expect to come to the switch...

5. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I really wasn't interested in Monster Hunter, but I will "miss" playing Beyond Good and Evil 2 portable...
    Well, at least they are releasing for XB1, so I will still get it.

6. DeslotlCL
    OP

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    I hope so, but there might be a good reason why capcom decided to just port a 3ds game and not release the full new one...

7. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    That's beyond the point. The Switch needs third party support and having publishers ditch it isn't good for its future.

I suppose this means no South Park on Switch.

8. DeslotlCL
    OP

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    That's what i was thinking. His post clearly show the mentality of why third party games never comes to a nintendo platform "duh, i dun ned em, me ninty machine iz only 4 ninty gaemz"

Sinon likes this.
  9. blujay

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    This is definitely true, but remember that MH3U was also for Wii U. Developing the game for two games for the same console at the same time is difficult.
    I don't think something that pushes the boundaries as far as South Park will ever be on a Nintendo console.

10. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Sorry but I disagree with you. Many games from Nintendo didn't won me over at all except Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda and Those two are all I want and none else are for me. Again, it doesn't mean I will be buying Nintendo Switch at all.. Not yet, anyway. The third partying of AAA is slim and I am not sure about it. Therefore, Extinction for PS4 is considering for Nintendo Switch and it is AAA game. Here is the news recently today:

http://www.dualshockers.com/extinction-nintendo-switch-version/

Anything is possible. As I said I won't lose my faith just yet until E3 is over at first. And I have a plenty to make a decision before this September flying to Portugal for visiting my family, relatives and friends. The Nintendo Switch is the one I will buy over there and not here. It is remain to be seen for now.

11. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Hey, but South Park 64!

12. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    So no adult-themed games on the Switch?

13. TVL

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    You think publishers base releases on what they read on forums... or by sales? Problem IMO is that they only come out with old games that everyone already played and become bored with as part of their 3rd-party support for the Nintendo systems, then those doesn't sell particularly well and other publishers sees this. Seems to be a bit like that this time too. It's also a hassle to come out with those games mentioned if you have to change every asset of the game to work on the Switch, or they go ahead and make an inferior port and then everyone with more than one system gets it for the other.

14. blujay

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Not saying that. Saying that South Park pushes the limits a little far when it comes to what should be allowed and what shouldn't...

15. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Valid point. Nintendo Switch is inferior to the base PS4/XO hardware so that's another thing.

16. PetitMagique

PetitMagique GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    The switch is getting Rocket League, that's really all it needs to get me to purchase one.

17. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Still, it's coming for the PC so... it's a win-win for PC and Switch or 3DS owners. I'm guessing the X series will still continue on the Nintendo console since they just ported XX to the Switch.

18. Trojaner

Trojaner GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2017
    Australia
    Moon
    That´s most time a prob with games ... always games here and not there ... thats one of the reasons i buy not only one Brand of consoles .. actually i have almost evere console/handheld except PS3 (Dead since 1 year) ... handheld is for sure nice, but a nice strong normal console too like Xbone One/PS4 ... thats what i tought at beginning from the switch, many games simply wont come on this one ... all Brands should work together with the same coding styles for games, but this will never happen

The Badge-lorette!? likes this.
  19. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    switch lakes of powa ==> no MHW

20. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    First of all BGAE2 was never confirmed for any Nintendo system, afaik it even was mostly a urban legend. Second of all Monster Hunter was never something exclusive to Nintendo or something that belongs to a single brand.