Gaming Metroid:Samus returns crashes in a specific room

WannyTiggah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm playing Metroid: Samus Returns (US Retail cartridge) and I'm having a problem with THIS room:

t7uvIQK.jpg

If I enter it, the game freezes to the point that the music stops playing and the Home button doesn't do anything. At that point the only thing I can do is to hold the power button to turn off the 3DS.

I updated Luma3DS (was at 8.1, now I'm at 8.1.1) and the system firmware (was at 11.4.0-39U, now I'm at 11.6.0-39U) and the problem persists =/

EDIT: I downloaded the game from FreeShop and I used the save from the cart. The result? I don't have the problem. And, funny enough, I downloaded the European version (even though I'm almost sure I picked the US one) and the save worked without issues.
Time to request a cart change or a refund?

Last edited by WannyTiggah,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing Metroid: Samus Returns (US Retail cartridge) and I'm having a problem with THIS room:

t7uvIQK.jpg

If I enter it, the game freezes to the point that the music stops playing and the Home button doesn't do anything. At that point the only thing I can do is to hold the power button to turn off the 3DS.

I updated Luma3DS (was at 8.1, now I'm at 8.1.1) and the system firmware (was at 11.4.0-39U, now I'm at 11.6.0-39U) and the problem persists =/

EDIT: I downloaded the game from FreeShop and I used the save from the cart. The result? I don't have the problem. And, funny enough, I downloaded the European version (even though I'm almost sure I picked the US one) and the save worked without issues.
Time to request a cart change or a refund?
I'd guess save corruption TBH.

WannyTiggah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ironically I downloaded the game from Freeshop and with JKSM I used the cart's save. I already finished the game :D
On the strange side, when I put the save I noticed that I downloaded the European version... and the save from a US cart worked without problems.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Ironically I downloaded the game from Freeshop and with JKSM I used the cart's save. I already finished the game :D
On the strange side, when I put the save I noticed that I downloaded the European version... and the save from a US cart worked without problems.
Normally EU and US (JPN too) saves are compatible

Last edited by AutumnWolf,

WannyTiggah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
(after almost a month..)

I finally borrowed an unmodified 3DS from a friend and:
- Entering the room in that 3DS freezes the system as well.
- I tried copying the save to another slot. Same result.

I guess it's time to return the cart.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
(after almost a month..)

I finally borrowed an unmodified 3DS from a friend and:
- Entering the room in that 3DS freezes the system as well.
- I tried copying the save to another slot. Same result.

I guess it's time to return the cart.
probably cart defect?
Normally, EUR, USA and JPN saves has different values, sometimes, the save is region free, unlike Mario Kart Super Circuit and the JP version.

pozda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
i just happened to stuck in area 3 part of the map where there is no way out.

i tried every missile, bomb and combo to get out, but it seems that i'm locked for good!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto