3DS freezes on any ds multiplayer (local play) options.

phoenixugur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello, I am new to a 3DS and to your forum. Please forgive my ignorance. I have been searching for this problem online but I could not find any solution.

My console : old 3DS XL
Verison: Sys 11.15.0-47E
CFW : Luma3DS v10.2.1
Problem : DS multiplayer option does not work,
DS multiplayer was working after CFW. I tried it with my DS lite and DSI, I don't know why or when it stop working.
I tried TWL Fix-CFW from homebrew launcher with no success.

Problem repeats at:
System Setting >>> Internet setting >>> Nintendo DS Connections >>> Nintendo Wi-Fi connection settings >>> Search for an access point = System stuck, I return to the menu with the home button.

Download Play >>> Nintendo DS = System stuck, I return to the menu with the home button.

DS game on the Menu (via NDS forward generator) >>> Multiplayer = System stuck, I return to the menu with the home button.

DS game via twilight menu++ >>> Multiplayer = System stuck, I return to the menu with the home button.

DS game via an R4 card >>> Multiplayer = System stuck, I return to the menu with the home button.

Update :
After I read @Sirius1428 's topic. I decided to check my wi-fi card. My card was fine but its socket has some oxidation. I have cleaned it with alcohol, but the rust ate lots of metal. Thus I need some soldering. Unfortunately, I don't have the skill or tools. Since it still works perfectly with 3ds games and e-shop. I will use it as it is.

IMG_20220220_151020.jpg
IMG_20220220_151545.jpg

Last edited by phoenixugur,

LumenLunar

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think anyone has ever came upon this problem with the CFW, I think if it isn't the other DS's problem, then your 3DS's download play is broken for some reason. I personally have no idea how this could happen, or what has completely happened, but this is very odd. Best of luck!

Sirius1428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I just found your thread and I seem to have the same problem as you, it is weird since my old3ds was working perfectly until yesterday, I can't seem to find much info about this particular problem or the cause, and those that claimed to have a similar situation never found a solution apparently, nevertheless I'll keep looking for a possible solution and see if I can find more info on this problem

phoenixugur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi! I just found your thread and I seem to have the same problem as you, it is weird since my old3ds was working perfectly until yesterday, I can't seem to find much info about this particular problem or the cause, and those that claimed to have a similar situation never found a solution apparently, nevertheless I'll keep looking for a possible solution and see if I can find more info on this problem
Yes, mine is also the same. It was working. One day it just stopped working.

Thank you. I checked your topic and got encouraged to check my wi-fi card. My problem was oxidation and corrosion..

Last edited by phoenixugur,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.