Hacking Metroid Prime Wii De Asobu Issues

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rasputin said:
As the other guy said, it doesn't need the firmware update, don't run it.. be safe and brickblock it.

btw.. i have a solution for the sluggish controls... goto options (press '2' then '-' )

then press 'a' to select the first category, then choose the middle option for mp3 like controls, it's much more responsive. I haven't tried the third option yet

Trust me, the third option is the way to go. Much more responsive!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll remember that. The controls were bugging me a bit and I'm glad to know that it can be adjusted to be like MP3. Does anyone know when the English version is released?

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
I'll remember that. The controls were bugging me a bit and I'm glad to know that it can be adjusted to be like MP3. Does anyone know when the English version is released?
Well, Mario Power Tennis is being released in April, three months after the Japanese release, so expect it in three months. And I read somewhere that there is an update in the game, but it might use the same IOS or somethin.

TrapperKeeperX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got Metroid Prime Wii by Installing cIOSCORP it was safe and Metriod Prime Wii works perfectly I reccomend it thanks to the members that have tested it I'd like to thank them again someone should add cIOSCORP to install in order for this work on the wiki.

Kroam17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TrapperKeeperX said:
Ok I got Metroid Prime Wii by Installing cIOSCORP it was safe and Metriod Prime Wii works perfectly I reccomend it thanks to the members that have tested it I'd like to thank them again someone should add cIOSCORP to install in order for this work on the wiki.
Well, I'm not going to install it yet since there's just too much different hacks for the Wii since last december. I'll wait a bit until there's one dominant option to have ^^

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
I've found the only way to get this to work for me is to first patch the iso to 249 using IOSPatcher then load the game in the original gamma backup launcher w/o 002 fix and even then it won't force 50 or 60 Pal meaning i can only play it in composite video.

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
fiddlefaddle22 said:
I've found the only way to get this to work for me is to first patch the iso to 249 using IOSPatcher then load the game in the original gamma backup launcher w/o 002 fix and even then it won't force 50 or 60 Pal meaning i can only play it in composite video.

sorry mate but i not understand ?

Gh0sT5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to find the IOS patcher from Waninkoko

Then use that to patch the game to IOS249.
And IOS249 should already be on your Wii thanks to the Backup Launcher cIOS

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fiddlefaddle22 said:

Does that mean, even IOS Version patched, you don't get the game to work in SoftChip or my toy(s)?

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:

Does that mean, even IOS Version patched, you don't get the game to work in SoftChip or my toy(s)?
I've tried it on SoftChipPatchToyR6 and softchip r84 with all possible configuirations and the game freezes at the same point as reported before but without restarting
20090219-1129261.jpg

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fiddlefaddle22 said:
WiiPower said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:

I've tried it on SoftChipPatchToyR6 and softchip r84 with all possible configuirations and the game freezes at the same point as reported before but without restarting

Does the IOS Version patched game work with the beta loader too, or only with Gamma?

Here's a little SoftChip test version, but i don't expect it to work:
http://rapidshare.com/files/200770753/metroid1test1.zip.html

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
WiiPower said:
Maybe one of the latest changes in SoftChip did something wrong, i could imagine that the changed partiton loading and or the ES_Identify could cause problems. Could you test SoftChip r77 to check if that's the case:
http://rapidshare.com/files/200806577/r77.zip.html

I chose r77, because it's the latest version directly before the changed partition loading.

how to put the .dol ?

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Maybe one of the latest changes in SoftChip did something wrong, i could imagine that the changed partiton loading and or the ES_Identify could cause problems. Could you test SoftChip r77 to check if that's the case:

I chose r77, because it's the latest version directly before the changed partition loading.
It still has the same fault with r77.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fiddlefaddle22 said:
WiiPower said:

It still has the same fault with r77.

It looks like SSX blur has the same problem, it works with cioscorp installed, when started by the disc channel or Gamma, but not with SoftChip.

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
It looks like SSX blur has the same problem, it works with cioscorp installed, when started by the disc channel or Gamma, but not with SoftChip.
Another new NTSC game that won't work in any backup loader is Solitaire_And_Mahjong_USA_WII-ZRY
i've tried patching to ios 249 but i havent got cioscorp installed though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill