Hacking Metroid Prime Wii De Asobu Issues

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Muyfa666 said:
Can't get the game running.

After choosing start game, my Wii shows the upper half of the screen in green and reboots.

I tried SoftChip and Gecko OS and they both act the same.

Do I need to install IOS249 even thou I have a Wiikey v1?

Did you patch the game in ANY way? If yes, you need to look which IOS is used by the game as the game loads that IOS itself whatever loader you use and whatever IOS that uses. If it's IOS37 and up, you need a trucha patched version of that IOS, from cioscorp for example. If it's IOS36 or lower, you need to be at 3.2 firmware. If you patched it to use IOS249(lol), you need a IOS249 of course.

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
I got it running now! x-D

I patched it to english with the PPF-patch found in an earlier post, then I patched the ISO to IOS36.

Then I just ran the game through SoftChip R87 (set to IOS36) and it just worked perfectly. English and all.

BizziSMP

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi,
I Really need help here. The situation is:

-I really would like to play MPWii asap; a friend has lent me a modchipped wii.
-It has a 3.2E firmware; but being bought in morocco, no one knows which modchip it actually has (no update possible).
-I don't want to open it
-I don't have access to the twilight hack (no softmod).

I recently bought 10 DVD-R (16x speed). I've done many tests, and now I've got only ONE left (XD); and I still can't manage to play MPWii (but I can boot it correctly).
Having only one attempt left; I'm gonna tell you in detail the results of my tests:
-the iso is correct.
-I burn with imgburn at 8x (half the DVD's max speed), no problems here.

>-I Absolutely need to patch the ISO to PAL with wii regionfree, otherwise the disc is not recognized ("impossible to read the disc" error).
>-then I brickblock the ISO. it's OK.
>-at startup, I immediately get 001 error. after some research, I use trucha signer and generic wii patcher to remove it.
>- it's OK, the game loads. the main menu works perfectly, but when I choose a difficulty, I get ANOTHER 001 error!
>- after some other deep research (quite random^^) I discover the two other .dol files: they also check for 001! I remove it with generic wii patcher.

here it gets tricky.

>- when I select a difficulty, I don't get the 001 error, but the screen remains black then the wii reloads. I get back to Wii menu...

(
I had a last attempt, quite useless, but here are the results:
Using wakinoko's wii video mode changer, i patched every video mode in every dol file (main.dol, and the two others) with the 4th option (NTSC 480i). The game is recognized but it doesn't boot (infinite black screen, no reload)
)

there must be a solution, and I really hope that some of you will help me to find it (and definitely find it!)

Thanks A LOT!

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Install the Homebrew Channel, then install SoftChip R87.
Patch Metroid to english (or french) then IOS patch the metroid prime ISO to IOS36.
Run the game through SoftChip, not the disc channel.

This is what worked for me. I have a 3.2E Wii.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, the game loads another .dol at the point where you get the restart. If you patched the region, the game won't like it. Patching the video mode, is known to not work for the game.

If you don't patch the game to english language, you should be able to play the game with a unpatched disc, started with Gecko OS or SoftChip.

If want to patch the game to english, you have to make sure the IOS it wants to use has the trucha bug. If i remember correctly that's IOS53 and that doesn't have the trucha bug. You can either install cIOS53 from cioscorp or patch the game to use IOS36 with Waninkoko's IOS Version patcher(for this your IOS36 has to have the version 1042!). And you need to start the game with Gecko OS or SoftChip.

The game will only run in NTSC video mode, so don't try to run it in PAL, it won't work. And all patches except patching to english, IOS Version patching, and brickblocking(which is useless when you use a loader) will only render the game not playable.

PS: If you want to use SoftChip instead of Gecko OS, you need R87 which was especially fixed for this game.

BizziSMP

Trophies
XP
Country
France
okay thanks^^
it seems that i won't be able to play MPWii without the homebrew channel...
btw, aren't there any risks of bricking with the twilight hack?

(PS: i won't patch the game to english, I want to practice japanese
tongue.gif
)

edit: couldn't it be possible to load the game as a PAL game (for the wii to recognize it) and then as an NTSC game (eg. by changing some video mode)?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, has anyone had luck running this game in the USB Loader? I think the patch and it don't get along very well, but I want to see if other people have successfully launched it.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems so far it'll only work if it aint English patched..........

even if it's told to use IOS249........ that's weird tho as 249 would allow it to run with the patch...........

wonder if it can be fixed at all.......

DarkGhostHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
kongsnutz said:

even if it's told to use IOS249........ that's weird tho as 249 would allow it to run with the patch...........

QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ Mar 31 2009, 04:51 AM) Who knows. The USB Loader works really well for a first release, but I hope that patched games and GCN games will work in a future update.

Metroid De Asobu Patched to Spanish (3 files only), Patched to IOS249, and copied to WBFS loads perfectly. BUT... it gives the same error with the half green screen when loading, just after selecting the difficult. Obviously, cIOS installed (last revision that comes with USB Loader), Firmware 4.0 via Waninkoko firmware updater.

I will try leaving it for IOS30 just to try something. Next, IOS249 + Region Patch (LTN or USA). Updates ASAP.

Clamper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry i'm a bit late but ... can anyone can confirm if it's working on usb loader using a non-patched iso ?

Also, for those who are playing in gamma using a soft chip, how are the loadings compared to the GC version ? Im asking this because since soft moded consoles run at 3x i fear the loadings are unbearables.

Thx in advance

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work with the USB loader. I can boot the game, but once I start a game file, the screen in the picture on the first page of this thread comes up and then the Wii restarts.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to he honest with you i dont understand why it doesn't work with the USB Loader??
usb loader re-directs the games to use IOS249 correct or do they use the new USB Loader IOS, i'm not sure either way it doesn't work on the usb loader hopefully someone can find a fix
thanks

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My sources tell me that the game has the same issue that SoftChip had before. Even IOS Version patched, i checked that YAL writes the magic word correctly into the memory, but now as i think of it, that's useless. If the game is IOS Version patched to IOS249, it has to be started with the usb loader, and the usb loader has to write the magic word correctly into the memory.

Something to test:
Patch the game to IOS222 and run it with YAL or with my toy(no patches, DISC REGION VIDEO MODE!), and report back the result

PS: The magic word was the problem why you couldn't play the game with SoftChip

digao1980

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone could say if after installing this cios V9, metroid still work from backuplauncher0.3g, cos what I undestand is that this cios v9, paste that old cios made to run this metroid, Am I wrong? Thanks .

edit: I've tested with backuplauncher0.3g and it works from disc with this cios v9, but I've make a multiboot disc and the same crash thing happens with mooltiboot from the disc.
frown.gif

Vitet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkGhostHunter said:
kongsnutz said:

QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ Mar 31 2009, 04:51 AM) Who knows. The USB Loader works really well for a first release, but I hope that patched games and GCN games will work in a future update.

Metroid De Asobu Patched to Spanish (3 files only), Patched to IOS249, and copied to WBFS loads perfectly. BUT... it gives the same error with the half green screen when loading, just after selecting the difficult. Obviously, cIOS installed (last revision that comes with USB Loader), Firmware 4.0 via Waninkoko firmware updater.

I will try leaving it for IOS30 just to try something. Next, IOS249 + Region Patch (LTN or USA). Updates ASAP.

I have the same exact problem. I also did a Spanish Patch by myself

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got this game the other night, added the english patch, and booted it up.

Game ran fine until loading from slot one, then half green screen and reboot. Im running 4.0u with USB loader. Ive been trying to find info for a fix for this with no luck. I really love the metroid series and would love to get this working properly. Has anyone had any luck yet?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Again:
All games that need to be patched to IOS249 for disc based backup launching don't work with the usb loaders! And Metroid Prime 1 is one of them.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For everybody else, it's just switching JAPNENGL in the .dol files with a hexeditor. There are 3 or 4 .dol files inside the game image, and 2 of them need that patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol