Hacking Metroid Prime Wii De Asobu Issues

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://rapidshare.com/files/205184666/test29.zip.html

It would be too great is this works, it's SoftChip with only a small change to the discID reading. I started to change the Gamma dvd reading commands to the SoftChip reading commands in some kind of a Gamma-SoftChip-hybrid, when i noticed that i get strange errors when using SoftChip's discID reading command instead of Gamma's. I always thought the discID is only something for identifying the savegames and it's only 6 or 8 bytes in size, but the discID type in libogc(that SoftChip didn't use) is 32 bytes in size. Apparently if you only read these 6 or 8 bytes of the discID some of the Gamma commands fail, that's why i hope the game has the same issue.

PS: Don't forget to set SoftChip to disc region video mode!

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry but it freeze
frown.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please, i want to update SoftChip with this, but i need another confirmation that it works.

Linuks said:
Sorry but it freeze
frown.gif

Are you sure, test29 with disc region video mode freezes after difficulty selection? Did you IOS Version patch the game to IOS249?

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll test it again, maybe it's because I have aleady a game save (so there isn't difficulty selection). My game is IOS249 patched, Wii Disc langage (I will try Japanese) and Wii disc region mode.

EDIT : Works in both languages selection! Sorry,I probably made a mistake last time...

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
linuks i used my unpatched 1:1 jap and it worked fine however i didnt try my english,ios 249 patched version

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I hink you don't have to change the language setting, but disc region video mode is necessary for the game to run.

nicksasa said:
linuks i used my unpatched 1:1 jap and it worked fine however i didnt try my english,ios 249 patched version

Hey don't forget to mention you don't need the patch, because you have cioscorp installed.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Many thanks to all testers, without your help i wouldn't been able to make SoftChip compatible with this game! Thank you very much!

So i try to summarize this thread:
How to get the game to work(only easiest way):
for hardmods:
Get Gecko OS. If you want to play the game patched to another language, your IOS have to have the trucha bug(short: you need 3.2 firmware)
for softmods:
You need either cioscorp installed or you need to IOS Version patch the game to IOS249. The game should work fine then in Gamma or in SoftChip(R87 or later).

Note: The game can only be played in NTSC(in Gamma/Gecko OS: force nothing, in SoftChip: Disc Region Video Mode), if you launch it in PAL video mode or even worse you patch it to PAL, you will get an error Maybe it works in PAL progressive video mode, until now nobody reported a test result with this.

How to patch the game to another language:
Look at this here if you want to do it yourself:
vv_ said:
Linuks said:
Which file(s) need to be patched? Only the main.dol?
I've checked the md5 sums of all the files between the original and the patched game.
Three files are changed : rs5fe_p.dol, rs5mp1jpn_p.dol and main.dol.

In main.dol (and in rs5fe_p.dol, it's exactly the same file), at offset 0x005359B0, "ENGLGERMFRENSPANITALDUTCJAPN" is replaced by "JAPNGERMFRENSPANITALDUTCENGL"
In rs5mp1jpn_p.dol, at offset 0x00478038, "ENGLGERMFRENSPANITALDUTCJAPN" is replaced by "JAPNGERMFRENSPANITALDUTCENGL".

These are the only changes.

or search for the ppf patches somebody uploaded.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Just looked at the code and the difference would seem to be the setting of:
0x80000018 = 0x5D1C9EA3

This would not occur with the softchip code while it does in the Gecko/Gamma code.

Thats the code for saying it's a Wii Disc IIRC.

Congrats on finding it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
eric_4_life said:
Any way to play it with Multiloader?

Not yet. The multi game loader needs an update for it, and maybe WiiScubber needs an update too. Which means, if you created a multi game disc with this game now, it may not work with the multi game launcher released soon, even if it states the game is compatible.

Ephidiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I used the ppf files to patch the game to german yet when i load the disc while staying in the main menu i get the "your systemfiles are corrupted" message and if i load via Gecko OS it reloads to system menu after selecting File 1
unpatched it works (i have 3.2 + wad installed IOS)

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChrisRX said:
Alright guys there PPF patch is here. Please be aware this is UNTESTED though as I have run out of disks. If what people are saying about modifications to the other dol files is true though then this should work fine.

Test at your own will, but be aware it may not work.

And for all the Europeans who have the resetting problem, don't forget to load through GeckoOS and force NTSC mode to make it get in game.

EDIT: Had a quick test and it all seems to work fine. The save menu also works fine which used to be in japanese whatever I did.
I did used to have bugs where the english text was too big for the box but I haven't encountered it so far. It may still be in there though.
The link for the english PPF patch is broken. Could someone who has it please re-upload it or send it to me? I want this so bad. This is amazing!

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its working now!
smile.gif
Mediafire said they no longer had the file before.

EDIT: Got the game and used the patch for English. Works great through gamma on my cIOSCORP'd NTSC Wii.
smile.gif
Huge thanks to ChrisRX for making this patch!

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't get the game running.

After choosing start game, my Wii shows the upper half of the screen in green and reboots.

I tried SoftChip and Gecko OS and they both act the same.

Do I need to install IOS249 even thou I have a Wiikey v1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not that I will save the money, rather I will just spend it on other crap lol
    lol just do autopay it's as lazy as it gets
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 tell uremum to start charging, then you keep the money
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I charge your wife rent at this point
    +1
    Now serving number E73
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, maybe she will leave me the f alone, now I can drink, smoke, and play my games in peace!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Good good let your hate flow through you!!! +2