Hacking Metroid Other M PROPER filesize?

rAiN mAn 2o0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this is in the wrong section but can anyone comment on why....

"Metroid Other M PROPER USA WII-WiiTARD" fits on DVD5...

when the pre-released "underdumped" version is around 8 gb... Does anyone have knowledge of differences between the two releases? Has anyone played all the way through with the underdumped version?

Thanks in advance...

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People often make DVD5 versions of dual-layer games.

They're fully playable but have the movies (generally the most space consuming portion of a game) replaced with much smaller ones, and if I understand correctly, the same one.

In fact there's a short tutorial on making a DVD5 Other M ISO right on these forums.

rAiN mAn 2o0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes thank you for your quick reply... I am aware of all the things you mentioned... already read that thread too...

Let me rephrase the question... How can a DVD5 RIPPED version of a game be called PROPER?!

is the underdumped version a leaked beta? is the retail game a dual layer disc or a single layer?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rAiN mAn 2o0o said:
yes thank you for your quick reply... I am aware of all the things you mentioned... already read that thread too...

Let me rephrase the question... How can a DVD5 RIPPED version of a game be called PROPER?!

is the underdumped version a leaked beta? is the retail game a dual layer disc or a single layer?
I'm just assuming "PROPER", in this case, means it's a re-release of a previously nuked dump.

It may have been leaked, but not a beta. The retail game uses a dual layer disc.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can you not read that the "proper" is a bad dump, therefor its also nuked, wait for a REAL PROPER i guess......right now youre better off with the ind release as all its missing is the update files

rAiN mAn 2o0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks DaMummy!

If all that is missing from the game is UPDATE partition, then I don't care about that anyway. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol