Metroid Other M PROPER filesize?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rAiN mAn 2o0o, Aug 30, 2010.

1. rAiN mAn 2o0o
    OP

rAiN mAn 2o0o GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2009
    United States
    I apologize if this is in the wrong section but can anyone comment on why....

"Metroid Other M PROPER USA WII-WiiTARD" fits on DVD5...

when the pre-released "underdumped" version is around 8 gb... Does anyone have knowledge of differences between the two releases? Has anyone played all the way through with the underdumped version?

Thanks in advance...

2. mvgc3

mvgc3 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    People often make DVD5 versions of dual-layer games.

They're fully playable but have the movies (generally the most space consuming portion of a game) replaced with much smaller ones, and if I understand correctly, the same one.

In fact there's a short tutorial on making a DVD5 Other M ISO right on these forums.

3. rAiN mAn 2o0o
    OP

Apr 21, 2009
    United States
    yes thank you for your quick reply... I am aware of all the things you mentioned... already read that thread too...

Let me rephrase the question... How can a DVD5 RIPPED version of a game be called PROPER?!

is the underdumped version a leaked beta? is the retail game a dual layer disc or a single layer?

4. Raiser

Raiser I am mad scientist.

May 31, 2008
    Canada
    I'm just assuming "PROPER", in this case, means it's a re-release of a previously nuked dump.

It may have been leaked, but not a beta. The retail game uses a dual layer disc.

5. DaMummy

DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 22, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland
    can you not read that the "proper" is a bad dump, therefor its also nuked, wait for a REAL PROPER i guess......right now youre better off with the ind release as all its missing is the update files

6. rAiN mAn 2o0o
    OP

Apr 21, 2009
    United States
    thanks DaMummy!

If all that is missing from the game is UPDATE partition, then I don't care about that anyway. Thanks again.