Metroid: Other M confirmed to be delayed

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
frown.gif

not that i am that big a metroid fan, but still.. was gonna dl this.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ZenZero said:
frown.gif

not that i am that big a metroid fan, but still.. was gonna dl this.
Well I've been a massive Metroid fanboy since I first playe Fusion, so yeah I'm really disappointed, especially since this is the american release date, Europeans will probably have to wait another month after the US release.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's surprising. When they announced a date that was only a few months away, I assumed that they would be able to make it...

I hope this doesn't mean that they don't have enough for the second half of 2010... It makes me think that Zelda will be delayed.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maikel Steneker said:
That's surprising. When they announced a date that was only a few months away, I assumed that they would be able to make it...

I hope this doesn't mean that they don't have enough for the second half of 2010... It makes me think that Zelda will be delayed.
Well Zelda does have a reputation of being delayed, so I would've expected that, but not Metroid.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Demonbart said:
Maikel Steneker said:

Well Zelda does have a reputation of being delayed, so I would've expected that, but not Metroid.
That's true, although Metroid Prime 3 was also delayed quite a bit (it was supposed to be a Wii launch title).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As compensation though, they've made Photo Dojo free from May 10th to June 10th, if you didn't know that. There's also a few other delays and stuff.

Try to post a quote of the full article when posting news, it's easier than just going to the site.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
As compensation though, they've made Photo Dojo free from May 10th to June 10th, if you didn't know that. There's also a few other delays and stuff.

Try to post a quote of the full article when posting news, it's easier than just going to the site.
I would of posted this but been as I saw you posted it in the rumour thread I saw no point

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:

Yeah I saw that on the site just now. I'll prolly play around with it for a while and then never touch it again.
And yeah next time I'll post the full article, didn't think of it this time.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

Good to know a crappy game for the DSi i don't have or want is free as compensation for a game i was actually going to buy when it was released.

oh wait....

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sylar1 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Good to know a crappy game for the DSi i don't have or want is free as compensation for a game i was actually going to buy when it was released.

oh wait....

Photo Dojo has gotten rather positive reviews and previews. It may not be the best fighter out there, but it's cheap and it can be quite silly fun to be able to fight your friend as yourself and with random objects. And you can't argue with a price tag of $0.

And it's only a delay.

Odds are they pushed back the dates to allow breathing room for their game sales. About a month for SMG2, a month for S&P2, and a month for Metroid: Other M.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Sylar1 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

oh wait....

Photo Dojo has gotten rather positive reviews and previews. It may not be the best fighter out there, but it's cheap and it can be quite silly fun to be able to fight your friend as yourself and with random objects. And you can't argue with a price tag of $0.

And it's only a delay.

Odds are they pushed back the dates to allow breathing room for their game sales. About a month for SMG2, a month for S&P2, and a month for Metroid: Other M.

I don't care about it being delayed, heck, this is first time i can remember Nintendo delaying something and offering a free game as compensation. If you're gonna give out the game for free for a few days fine, but call it what it is, a free game, don't call it compensation for delaying a game on a completely different system, since it wouldn't really be much compensation for people who don't even own a dsi.

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This makes me sad.
frown.gif
I'm eagerly awaiting Other M. Sin and Punishment 2 has also been delayed. Even though I beat the Japanese version of Sin and Punishment 2, I still want to go through it in English.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1