Metroid display/standup/poster

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by 3DPiper, Apr 18, 2012.

1. 3DPiper
    OP

3DPiper GBAtemp Fan

Jun 13, 2004
    United States
    I am looking for any large metroid/samus poster, or store displays/standups..

My son is turning 10 next week and I'd like to throw him a Metroid themed birthday party!

I would even settle for some high-res pics I can print out to make a large poster..

I'm gonna make metroid and morph ball plates and a metroid cake as well.. Just
    need a large Samus Aran poster or standup..

2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    I didn't have any luck with store displays, but there's much more in the way of posters.

[​IMG]

Would something like that be good? You can find the whole list here (though some of them probably wouldn't be a good fit for his party for, uh, obvious reasons).

It sounds like you have a pretty awesome party in mind for your son; I'm sure he's going to love it.

Edit: You might get some better/more appropriate choices here.

3. 3DPiper
    OP

3DPiper GBAtemp Fan

Jun 13, 2004
    United States
    Thanks!

I think I may get some 8-bit images and take them to my local print shop and have them printed out huge!
    Life size Samus, huge 5 foot Metroids, etc..

That should be fun!

1 person likes this.
  4. Blood Fetish

Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nov 3, 2002
    United States
  5. Vulpes Abnocto

Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

Former Staff
    Jun 24, 2008
    United States
    Have you been to your local game shops and asked if they might have such stand-ups left over from previous promotions?
    It's worth a shot.

Your son is a lucky boy. I wish you luck in finding the decorations you've got in mind.

6. DDTarZan

DDTarZan Never getting laid again /s

Nov 11, 2009
    United States
    In some trees
    I don't have much to contribute, except making or getting a hat that looks like a Metroid. You know, birthday kid gets a hat, give your kid a Metroid! :D

7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I don't know if your son would like a cosplay's poster. I'm just showing them to fans.

Real life samus!
    http://pixelninja.se/photo.html

It's the first time I see the "new" costumes from 2010, they are better than the first one from 2007, more metal-looking, and there's also the building process.

Edit:
    Please, could you take and show us some photos from your Metroid cake once done?
    I would like to see your themed cake :)