• Thread starter ball2012003
  • Start date
  • Views 1,911
  • Replies 16
B

ball2012003

I was searching around and found this.
[youtube]P4XZCvSr5XI[/youtube] [youtube]sZQYaHyHhoU[/youtube]
Looks like the controls are going to be similar to peace walker.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks alright to me.
unsure.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is a pretty strait port of the PS2 original. Though so far, it bears some amount of downgrade. The framerate is considerably lower and more inconsistent than the original, textures are of lower quality, and a couple of the models are built with slightly fewer polygons. An impression at Nintendo Everything was particularly scathing about the framerate (which according to them, drops excessively ALL the time) and the controls. I can't speak for the latter, but the framerate definitely took a dive. The only upside i've noted was in the E3 trailer, which showed some superior lighting and shader effects on Snake's skydiving jumpsuit.

It's sad to see that Konami apparently took the easy way out. There's still more than enough time to clean the game up thankfully, but it's still a far cry from the apparent remake they were teasing last year. Naked Sample was quite impressive and teased everyone. In addition to that, Kojima said if he made it into an actual game, it could look far better (he claims the Naked Sample was rushed, and he has echoed many developers by saying the 3DS is far more powerful than PS2). It's a bit unacceptable since the 3DS is around GC or Wii power, it can't even handle a PS2 port...

We need to wait to see how the final game holds out. I'm not too positive however. Looks like they decided to just quick port it and take the easy way out. We'll see though. It's still inevitably not going to look much better than the PS2 version, and stands to look worse so far. At least the small screen will benefit and it will be in 3D though.

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Im so not getting this after seeing naked sample last year. Konami loves biting it self in the foot, and then well have a statement "our games dont sell".

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they can fix the framerate and textures, it'll probably at least be a decent port of the PS2 version. It's a shame that we'll never get it the way it was intended to be- full blown remake. We'll see though, hopefully they can at LEAST fix the porting issues. It's a bit sad that we've got amazing looking games like RE:Revelations and this can't even keep up with PS2 standards.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
You know... I believed konami rushed the E3. The naked sample was something they could do and it was impressive stuff. So I believe later on when more videos are out (hopefully) they will show something different than E3 and more similar to the naked sample.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
You know... I believed konami rushed the E3. The naked sample was something they could do and it was impressive stuff. So I believe later on when more videos are out (hopefully) they will show something different than E3 and more similar to the naked sample.
I seriously doubt it dude. The game is pretty far along as it is. They likely just decided to quick port it since the HD remastered versions are coming. The most i can see is possibly fixing the framerate. POSSIBLY adding some shader effects. Textures and models are more than likely final. I'd love to be wrong, but i doubt i am.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
granville said:
chris888222 said:
I seriously doubt it dude. The game is pretty far along as it is. They likely just decided to quick port it since the HD remastered versions are coming. The most i can see is possibly fixing the framerate. POSSIBLY adding some shader effects. Textures and models are more than likely final. I'd love to be wrong, but i doubt i am.
ohnoes.png

I guess you're right. Cuz those HD versions can really help konami earn much more, seeing that so many people own a PS3/360 instead of a 3DS.

RodrigoCamilo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe it's early to take conclusions, I remember before the 3ds launch that many game websites said that DoA dimensions was damn slow, and when the game was released the framerate was improved fixed on 30 fps when in 3d mode. One of the websites who said the game had lag, said in the review that it was the best graphics released on the console and a fluid gameplay. Let's just hope that the same happen to the MGS 3D

sniperseyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the best game ported to 3ds and this is what you have to say!

ugh... i guess the shaders they used anger me, and the framerate.....

thats it.... i would hate for snake to look like a shiney plastic doll....

arghh.....

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
RodrigoCamilo said:
Maybe it's early to take conclusions, I remember before the 3ds launch that many game websites said that DoA dimensions was damn slow, and when the game was released the framerate was improved fixed on 30 fps when in 3d mode. One of the websites who said the game had lag, said in the review that it was the best graphics released on the console and a fluid gameplay. Let's just hope that the same happen to the MGS 3D
You are absolutely right on that.
happy.gif

Hopefully it'll be the same...
frown.gif

hendrix5757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
The game is a pretty strait port of the PS2 original. Though so far, it bears some amount of downgrade. The framerate is considerably lower and more inconsistent than the original, textures are of lower quality, and a couple of the models are built with slightly fewer polygons. An impression at Nintendo Everything was particularly scathing about the framerate (which according to them, drops excessively ALL the time) and the controls. I can't speak for the latter, but the framerate definitely took a dive. The only upside i've noted was in the E3 trailer, which showed some superior lighting and shader effects on Snake's skydiving jumpsuit.

It's sad to see that Konami apparently took the easy way out. There's still more than enough time to clean the game up thankfully, but it's still a far cry from the apparent remake they were teasing last year. Naked Sample was quite impressive and teased everyone. In addition to that, Kojima said if he made it into an actual game, it could look far better (he claims the Naked Sample was rushed, and he has echoed many developers by saying the 3DS is far more powerful than PS2). It's a bit unacceptable since the 3DS is around GC or Wii power, it can't even handle a PS2 port...

We need to wait to see how the final game holds out. I'm not too positive however. Looks like they decided to just quick port it and take the easy way out. We'll see though. It's still inevitably not going to look much better than the PS2 version, and stands to look worse so far. At least the small screen will benefit and it will be in 3D though.
Honestly, it's difficult to judge the game's graphics when the quality of these off-screen videos is pretty bad. I understand there's no other way to see gameplay footage at this point, but again, the fidelity of these off-screen videos are unreliable.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
hendrix5757 said:
granville said:

Honestly, it's difficult to judge the game's graphics when the quality of these off-screen videos is pretty bad. I understand there's no other way to see gameplay footage at this point, but again, the fidelity of these off-screen videos are unreliable.
It's on par with the PS2 version. At least, that's what Kojima and the press say.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Day one purchase for me. I hate using buttons to control the camera, but I hate using the stylus even more, so I'll have to get used to hit. I hope the framerate issues are worked out, but it doesn't really matter, because I'm getting the MGS Collection too.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hendrix5757 said:
It's not difficult to see that the framerate is a mess even in these videos (confirmed from impressions as well). Seems to frequently drop below 20fps in fact. As for the other issues, direct feed screens and the official high quality trailer were released showing the downgrade in texture quality and polygon counts. The game just doesn't look as good as the original. If they can fix that in the time between now and release, great. I doubt it though. The game's direction has already changed ever since the Naked Sample from a full blown remake to a stripped down basic port.

QUOTE(8BitWalugi @ Jun 15 2011, 12:37 AM) It's on par with the PS2 version. At least, that's what Kojima and the press say.
I don't recall any such statement being made specifically saying it was "on par" with the PS2 version. Regardless of that, the images and videos say otherwise, don't believe everything you hear from Konami anymore. Especially after hearing them say they would make the final game look better than the Naked Sample. The game COULD have looked incredible. It still doesn't look BAD, but it's certainly inferior to the original so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Using a Fiio DAC and Betron headphones.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think