koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi

I'm getting issue when trying to install custom theme using menuHax or ThemeHax

I'm using the homebrew "Menuhax manager" and i select "install custom theme" (or something like that) and here i get the issue.

both themes files are found but the next step does not work :
"Failed to write ThemeManage.bin to extdada"
"Custom theme installation failed : 0x8804470.

It also says to go in theme selection. I did this while i was in emunand. Should i do this in sysNand ?

Also there might be conflict on my 3DS, i installed previously themeHax v1.3 (using themeHax installer 1.3), and today i tried to install menuHax (using the last Menuhax manager i found on the website Homebrew Launcher).
I'm currently not able to say which one is used when i boot my 3DS.

If needed, how can i perform a clean uninstall of themeHax 1.3 ?

Last edited by koyuki38,

koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
UP

i finally made it.
I had to visite theme (without changing it) on SYSnand and not emunand.

I also tried themeHax uninstall and menuhax uninstall reinstall. it worked, but it's probably unrelated to my custom theme problem, also i didn't see any changes.

Now i have one question : I wanted to install the theme on emuNand. Is this possible ?
(The custom theme is on my sysnand but i don't use my sysnand anymore ;_;

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
UP

i finally made it.
I had to visite theme (without changing it) on SYSnand and not emunand.

I also tried themeHax uninstall and menuhax uninstall reinstall. it worked, but it's probably unrelated to my custom theme problem, also i didn't see any changes.

Now i have one question : I wanted to install the theme on emuNand. Is this possible ?
(The custom theme is on my sysnand but i don't use my sysnand anymore ;_;
You don't need menuhax manager to install a custom theme on your emuNAND. Simply use CHMM2 or http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...kages-with-custom-and-official-themes.401081/

koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So i used the CIA version of CHMM(2?)

Is there conflict if decide to installanother theme using howling theme tool ?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It depends on what you call conflict.

Howling Theme Tool packs your themes into a cia, which means that your themes will be in your official 3DS theme menu, as if you downloaded them from the theme shop.
CHMM2 however just forces your 3DS's current theme data to be that of the theme you want.

Which obviously means that if you change your theme through one of both, it will defeat whatever the other one previously did, but I don't really call that a conflict, only a theme change.

And in my opinion, HTT is the best (CHMM2 has a weird interface, needs you to reboot when applying a theme, needs you to have a way to enter the HBL from your emuNAND which is kind of stupid to have when you have menuhax to boot the HBL (but not from emuNAND)), CHMM2 being for the ones who can't use HTT due to updating their 3DS or those who have more than 100 themes they like.

koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use a CIA version of CHMM on my emuNand and i don't need to reboot the 3DS when i apply a theme. I just have to go back to menu

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh yeah, the reboot was probably due to the fact I used the 3dsx version. No idea why I did that.
Still, the interface is really weird.

koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's the first time i see a CIA that asks to press power button to be launched when the 3DS is already ON :wacko:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo