Hacking Mencoder.exe Error When Using BatchDPG

cebarbera

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello all,

this is my first post. im new to moonshell and the R4, so i'm hoping someone here can help me out with my problem...

basically im trying to convert .flv files to .dpg using batchDPG for play on my R4. i've read some of the tutorials available on this site already, but i still cant seem to get the videos to work.

Here's what im running if it will help determine a fix:

R4 DS w/ latest firmware
moonshell (up to date)
latest version of batchDPG/ with AVIsynth installed
k-lite codec pack full ver. (installed this because ffdshow didn't work)
Windows Vista (cry...)

before when all i had was ffdshow installed batchDPG wouldn't even encode my file. now with k-lite installed it actually does convert to .dpg. the problem is this error i keep getting saying that mencoder.exe stopped working. could this be because of Vista, my codec settings, or something simple i missed?

Please bear in mind, im a complete newbie at this stuff, so any help that can be offered is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit: oh...and when i put the .dpg on my flash card despite the mencoder error my R4 locks up after trying to play it. I tried playing some preconverted .dpg files and they work fine.

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
 could this be because of Vista, my codec settings, or something simple i missed?

Please bear in mind, im a complete newbie at this stuff, so any help that can be offered is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

well the one thing i CAN answer is that its definately no because of vista, i'm using Vista 64 and can use batchDPG no problem. I also do no have the k-lite codec pack so i'm going to presume something is messed up w/ your ffdshow somehow i dunno much more just figured i'd post and say its not vista so you don't go off and remove it and install XP just for batchDPG
smile.gif

cebarbera

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
***UPDATE***

ok. i think was able to figure out this issue. apparently i just needed to tweak some settings in ffdshow. also, (and this was something i didn't know) but apparently i needed to have the file i was trying to convert in the save directory as where my batchDPG was located. i have no idea why that would matter since batch allows you to browse your system for wherever the file is, but despite this, i kept getting the pesky mencoder.exe error until i experimentally moved the .flv file to the same folder as batchDPG.

I hope my experience helps anyone else having the same problem.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Thats somewhat odd, I don't think the location of the files to be converted would make a difference, but somehow it does, could have something to do with vista or some vista specififc settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf