Hacking Memory card saving in injected Gamecube games?

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii U with CBHC, and I have been able to properly convert Gamecube games to load from the Wii U home screen (they are saved to my external 2.5" USB HDD). They load fine, but all of them basically tell me that I can't save (Mario Sunshine says there is no memory card).

Is there something I need to set up so that converted Gamecube games can properly create and save to a memory card?

Last edited by XC-3730C,

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a Wii U with CBHC, and I have been able to properly convert Gamecube games to load from the Wii U home screen (they are saved to my external 2.5" USB HDD). They load fine, but all of them basically tell me that I can't save (Mario Sunshine says there is no memory card).

Is there something I need to set up so that converted Gamecube games can properly create and save to a memory card?
you din't check the memory card emulation box in the nintendon't sd card settings menu(upper right corner).open up wiivc and make a new nintendont .cfg file and replace the old one .

Reactions: XC-3730C

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip. I am new to this, and I really just converted these GC titles. Do I have to convert them again in WiiVC?

Last edited by XC-3730C,

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a bunch! The Wii U 300 game limit really sux, or I would have more games converted since I like playing on the Wii U gamepad tablet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many games have you converted? 300 is not a small number.
It starts to add up quickly. I converted not only GC games, but NES, SNES, N64, and Wii. Now if playing Wii/GC/Wiiware through USB Loader GX with Wii U gamepad support was possible, I wouldn't need to convert.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need a special version for gamepad support. the nintendont forwarder offers it as I just checked on my system.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But can you play GC games on the Wii U gamepad that way? Know of a tutorial?
Yes you can. Nintendon't is just the homebrew used to play gamecube iso files. It's a "Wii mode" homebrew, not a wii u homebrew. Simply install homebrew browser on the wii mode like you would normal wii and then use it for loading nintendon't homebrew. There you can put all the gamecube game iso on the SD card and pick to load each one. Unlike the method you been using, it doesn't install on the wii u home screen so there isn't a "300 title limit"

The other thing you have to use is a channel forwarder. To put it simply, it will allow you to control the homebrew that is wii mode with the gamepad. The injects you use are actually a type of channel forwarder. It's used to boot wii mode and load nintendon't homebrew and load the installed game you picked from the menu. The only problem is that it can ONLY play that one game that way, and to change games you have to exit and reboot into wii u and pick a new game again. Which can take longer times.

Having all your Gamecube game iso's on the SD card, you can load nintendon't the intended way and pick from any game you want to play, and when you want to change, you don't need to full reboot the system. It goes back to nintendon't menu to pick a new game. Just be sure to get a large enough SD card storage, gamecube iso are 1.34 GB and even if compressed may not have much impact and still can fill up quick, especially some games which is 2 Disc. Or you can just don't get carried away with a bunch of games you don't intend to actually play. Some people do that which isn't necessary.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendont also works with the pro controller (if you want to use that). I'm not sure if usb loader gx's nintendont can be changed. it won't allow the gamepad.

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Angel Night,

Thanks for the info. Ideally, I would like the GC games and Wii/WiiWare on a separate HDD like I used to do before I started converting, and still be able to play those with the Wii U gamepad without exceeding the 300 game limit.

Godreborn,

Will a Wii U Pro Controller work with WiiWare games, Virtual Console, and emulators?

Last edited by XC-3730C,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...