catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Golden sun 3 . I just run stock settings didnt see much that could be changed..
Ah yeah, Golden Sun is unfortunately a very tricky game, try anything else, it'll run much better. Also really enable the JIT recompiler, it can make a huge difference (I really need to just change the default back to it being enabled).

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah yeah, Golden Sun is unfortunately a very tricky game, try anything else, it'll run much better. Also really enable the JIT recompiler, it can make a huge difference (I really need to just change the default back to it being enabled).
Well to be honest my interest only goes up to golden sun. ill take a look if i can this jit recompiler but to be honest i was going through settings to see if there were any to be changed, and i didnt see any mention of anything really. def not a recompiler, or im blind.

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it runs on latest Atmosphere and latest firmware the same as it did before, fullspeed in a lot of games (assuming you enable the JIT recompiler).

This isn't a sysmodule, there is not that much to worry about. There have been some occasional breakages between fw versions, but that's really limited.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it runs on latest Atmosphere and latest firmware the same as it did before, fullspeed in a lot of games (assuming you enable the JIT recompiler).

This isn't a sysmodule, there is not that much to worry about. There have been some occasional breakages between fw versions, but that's really limited.
Shame that the only game i care about runs like shit. (golden sun 3)

WubstahWulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

there are some bugs where in games text in specific text boxes will not appear and or will show visual glitches in the place of where text should be

Reactions: superkrups20056

MegaMarkLM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
With Layout Hybrid, MelonDS can't switch Focused Screen with Sizing (I have set it to Emphasise Bottom but it's always focused on Top Screen) or Pressing Right Stick.
May I ask if there is another way to switch Focused Screen in Hybrid Layout?

I think nobody answered this one, and while I know there is no way of doing that, I think it would be a good idea to implement that. I hope it becomes possible in the future.

Reactions: nWo

LaytonesqueActivity

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
One of my ROMs seems to cause melonds to crash when I open my ROM folder.
After tearing ROMs out and putting them back in, I figured out it's my ROM of Professor Layton and the Lost Future, but I can't figure out why it's causing problems.
Earlier messages in the thread said they had the problem with accented characters and stuff in the file name, but Lost Future doesn't have any, I even renamed it just to be sure that it wasn't the length of the name.
MelonDS on Switch doesn't have problems with ROM file size, does it?

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my ROMs seems to cause melonds to crash when I open my ROM folder.
After tearing ROMs out and putting them back in, I figured out it's my ROM of Professor Layton and the Lost Future, but I can't figure out why it's causing problems.
Earlier messages in the thread said they had the problem with accented characters and stuff in the file name, but Lost Future doesn't have any, I even renamed it just to be sure that it wasn't the length of the name.
MelonDS on Switch doesn't have problems with ROM file size, does it?
Depends on amount of roms limits on 3DS twilight Menu++ there is limit is close 340 roms so i had to divide out od 1000 roms so i made folder DS (A-G), DS (H-N) 200-250 roms each folder or favorvite folder
Post automatically merged:

How many roms limit on MelonDS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over