1. Zkajavier

Zkajavier GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    With some over clock yes, and it runs beautifully.
    I have even tried some platinum hacks and they all run perfectly.

Stoned likes this.
  2. deejay87

deejay87 GBAtemp Regular

France

Attached Files:

Tyvar1, SilentOne1994 and sorabora like this.
  3. KlausVander

KlausVander Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Thanks for that! Do you mind link me a tutorial for doing a forwarder? I tried some but atmosphere crashed everytime.
    I'm trying to do a forwarder for MelonDS (don't need now, thanks) and mGBA.

4. Sayshi

Sayshi Member
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    Is there any way I can change the screen gap to a custom value?
    It seems the default values (0, 8, 36, 64) etc are either too small or too big to support many of the games I have. This is very important for games that have images or operate with both screens that account for the gap. It's quite jarring otherwise.

Otherwise fantastic work! The emulator runs perfectly with no hiccups whatsoever. It's great!

Last edited by Sayshi, May 20, 2021
  5. pinbi7

pinbi7 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Fowarders not supported :/
    I'm guessing the author doesn't want ppl going around saying they got banned from nintendo because someone used their app the wrong way
    Title redirection works fine

Last edited by pinbi7, May 20, 2021
  6. Newhouse-Estates

Newcomer

Canada
    Just wanted to mention that i tried this emulator a few years ago and was very impressed in the work put into it, Then try the new update the other day and wow what a huge increase in power and performance, So thank you Catlover for all your hard work.

Last edited by Newhouse-Estates, May 20, 2021
    pinbi7 likes this.
  7. Sayshi

Sayshi Member
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    Just a quick bump for this (if I can do that).

Happy to provide pictures if necessary as well if my explanation is not clear ^^;

8. EpicA_2

EpicA_2 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    The performance on this thing is amazing. I love being able to turn my Switch into a DS.
    I was wondering if there is a turbo button on this thing. I want to play Pokemon bad, but I can't stand mashing. being able to set a shoulder button to turbo A would be amazing.

Newhouse-Estates likes this.
  9. Skandu-

Skandu- Member
    Newcomer

Argentina
    hi it's possible to setup a button (maybe L3) to enable/disable the limit framerate?

10. Leoleo11

Leoleo11 Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hi! Loving it a lot since I got it a few days ago.
    Was wondering is it possible to fast forward (like mgba) in Melonds Switch?

11. ms2048

ms2048 Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    With fully overclocked CPU (2.397 GHz) Mariko Switch (Atmosphere 0.19.3 / HOS 12.0.2), the game 'Golden Sun: Dark Dawn' would be playable in full speed - judging from the smoothness of its 3D intro. Unfortunately, just after the intro, lower screen goes almost black and some text artifacts are visible instead.

What strikes me as strange is that both the above problem and the transparency issues with other games (reported a while back) happen only in this fork of melonDS - in RetroArch melonDS the game works flawlessly (but far slower, so no fullspeed in Golden Sun :( ) and also - for other games - the transparencies don't disappear.

12. Gep_Etto

Gep_Etto Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hey, just wanted to say that this is a brilliant piece of software and you're beautiful people for working on it. Keep it up!

13. Sayshi

Sayshi Member
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    Bump. Sorry for the persistency. Can this be done?

14. catlover007

OP catlover007 Developer
    Developer

Germany
    Well the reason this port is the fastest is because it has some optimisations I made which are only included here, though they can have their own issues which most of the time can be resolved though. The transparency issue lies likely in the neon gpu2d renderer which will be replacement by the next update anyway, so chances are high this bug might disappear (while new ones arrive. Exciting!).

As for Golden Sun, I have some suspecisions where the problem lies, but Golden Sun does all kinds of stupid things (which is also the reason it has so high demands in cpu speed).

no need to repeat yourself, I read every post in this thread. Most games use one of the provided values, so I won't change this to a fiddly free form input. Can you tell me the game and maybe which value would be good for it, so I can add it?

As for the current status of the project, putting both 2D and 3D rendering onto the GPU is near the final stretch.

15. Sayshi

Sayshi Member
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    I'd be happy to! Really sorry about the multiple bumps.
    The main game I'm referring to is DQ5, which relies heavily on the duel screen split. I've attached the examples bellow. I'm not sure of the specific value, but it's between the already present 8xp and 64xp values. Some of the sonic rush series and sonic colors DS also have similar issues, except are stuck between the 90xp and 64xp gaps respectively.

And while I have your attention, I also tried playing sonic chronicles and the world ends with you, and they crashed after playing certain video files. Have you heard of those bugs?

Much appreciated, and thank you so much for your hard work! You're awesome ^^

Attached Files:

Last edited by Sayshi, Jun 12, 2021 at 4:41 AM
  16. catlover007

OP catlover007 Developer
    Developer

Germany
    16px seems to be a good value for it DQ5.

known issue always be sure to check out the bug tracker on Github https://github.com/Arisotura/melonDS/issues/359

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - continuation, melonDS, Switch