Megaman ZX data location

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Necron, Jul 8, 2010.

Jul 8, 2010

Megaman ZX data location by Necron at 4:19 AM (1,111 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Necron
    OP

Member Necron Lurking~

Chile
    Hi. Megaman ZX has compatibility with MMZ3&4, where you can fight with old bosses. I use the 3in1 expansion to emulate the gba games. The thing is, it always recognized the slot-2 game (not like pokemon, where it does matter if you have the retail game) and I could play with the addons. Now, I'm using the undub patch, where in the japanese rom you have english text. I have tried with both rockman zero 3 and megaman zero 3, with no results.

So my question is, can someone tell me or point me where is the hex data that recognizes the gba games? (like changing the region allowment in pokemon via hex)

2. someonewhodied

Member someonewhodied Lazy Person

United States
    since you are using a 3 in 1, just DL the (J) version of Z3 and Z4

3. Necron
    OP

Member Necron Lurking~

Chile

4. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    Hmmm, that is quite odd. I'm wondering if its because your using a modified version of the Original game that its become slighty off sized or something and its not recognizing the games.

My only suggestion is to get 2 games, Patched and Unpatched, When ever you want to do something that requires the GBA game rename your Patched.sav to Unpatched.sav and play it on the original. Then once your done, swap the saves back.

5. Necron
    OP

Member Necron Lurking~

Chile
    Well, yeah, that is a solution. I had that in mind, but it's very bothersome to do it over and over. Maybe I'll try to see what the patch changed.