Homebrew Megaman Zero Collection can play GBA games from slot 1?

Jaym29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently tried a new game on my R4, Megaman Zero Collection, because I own megaman zero 2 on the gameboy advance and I never played the other titles in the series. It is a nintendo ds game but it has a collection of gameboy advance megaman zero games on it. They are EXACTLY like the originals. But playing from the slot one card.... How does it use the gba components from slot 1 and how can it play these games because most slot one flash carts can't play gba from their internal storage.
Couldn't we hack this game somehow and play gba homebrew and such?

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Get your facts straight.
For starters, they are NOT exactly like the GBA games. Have you played them?
The internal game data is scattered between the overlays (common to all four games) and the regular files inside the rom.
It's a port.
Not an emulator plus rom (like the SNES emulator included in Twinbee Collection PSP, or that GBA emulator included in Naruto Collection GC where you can swap the roms and still get it to work).

Jaym29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they are just ports? I didn't think so... If the ds had gba components why didn't Capcom and whatever company they were with in the making of the game decide to use it somehow... Whatever. Maybe I need to look into other things. Thanks for answering :)

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
So they are just ports? I didn't think so... If the ds had gba components why didn't Capcom and whatever company they were with in the making of the game decide to use it somehow... Whatever. Maybe I need to look into other things. Thanks for answering :)

Because using GBA components would lock all DS functions. That's why playing GBA roms require you to own GBA flash card if not emulated with card like DSTwo.

I remember this being topic for few times here already. Here's few examples:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/megaman-zero-collection-hack-to-play-other-gba-games.232246/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/about-gba-emulation-dont-get-mad-hear-me-out.251001/

madeinair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just buy an GBA flash card, it works magnificently.
I have an EZFLASH IV, that works great with the DS Lite (sticks out a lil bit) but never the less with YSMENU (quick GBA loading) its super quick to switch modes.

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockman Zero Collection is a port of all of them, as previously stated.
Two big giveaways -
-The screen resolution is enlarged to fit the DS
-The Story Mode adds things into RMZ1 that weren't there before (for example, the blue lifebar; in the original, it could only be extended, not doubled.).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1