XP
Country
Colombia
28432-fuckyoufeature_clear_gif.gif

382-01megaran.jpg
381-02megaran.jpg

383-03megaran.jpg
384-04megaran.jpg

Random, A/K/A Mega Ran, is a hip-hop producer and emcee originally from Philadelphia, PA. You may be asking what that has to do with "game" related news? Mega Ran has written, produced, and rapped on a variety of game-related hip-hop albums. In 2007, his Mega Ran album, a tribute to the Blue Bomber, received approval by Capcom and managed to win him a cult following from gamers, geeks, and hip-hoppers alike. Random has gone on to record songs about many video games, including SMB2, Dragon Warriror, FF VII, Kirby's Dreamland, Star Fox, and The Secret of Mana, just to name a few!

If you are interested in gaming music, hip-hop, or just want to hear something new, check out his homepage, linked below. All of his current albums can be streamed for free and if you are digging what he is putting down, consider making a purchase. Everything on his site (CDs, digital albums, and other merchandise) is 1/2 off until the end of December!

:arrow: Mega Ran's Homepage
:arrow: Follow him on Twitter
:arrow: Random WIKI Article

Recommended Listening:
:arrow: Mega Ran
:arrow: Black Materia: Final Fantasy VII
:arrow: Forever 8​-​Bit (Powered Up Import)
:arrow: Patches and Glue

Reactions: VatoLoco and Yumi

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never thought a hip hop artist would use games to make music

Now if various pop chart artists tried it on I might raise an eyebrow but poke around http://www.whosampled.com/browse/artists/A/1/H/Hip-Hop / R&B/ (especially stuff like http://www.whosampled.com/artist/Cypress Hill/?sp=4 - Cypress Hill, luminaries of gangster rap, sampled Dusty Springfield and Black Sabbath on the same album which was also one of their most noted) and see the rather broad selection of samples that went into such things.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Black megaman what's the point, how about an asian megaman as well? lol. I've always enjoyed how people take a white character, wishing it were from another race and sticking another color on it. It is a video game! lol imho I never considered megaman to have a race, rather he is a cyborg of sorts which in turn is something completely different all on its own.

Why no black mario here? :P might as well throw in a nubian princess peach as well :)

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, not my thing. He was at one of the cons I went to, probably sucked the least out of the bands there, other than a pillows cover band. V is for Villains was also there, and they are unforgivably shitty.

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
random has a upbeat sound, I also like the large sound of samples he uses in the one remix song.

I wish gbatemp did more write ups like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta check the wattage really and buy GaN brickd