Mega Man Legends 3 Site Opens Up

tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Mega Man Legends 3 Site Opens Up
The official site is open for business. Also, a more specific date for the upcoming Prototype demo.
The official site is open for business. Also, a more specific date for the upcoming Prototype demo.
Capcom sure is going to great strides this week to ensure us that the Mega Man Legends 3 project is indeed “restarting“. After troubling reports, including the resignation of producers and the devastation of earthquakes, it’s great to finally see some new videos, screenshots, and details at the end of the bleak developmental tunnel.

It was reported recently that Capcom plans to release a downloadable sneak-peek at their community-developed sequel. Called “Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version”, this paid demo showcases a new character named Barret along with the return of a few familiar ones, though whether the Blue Bomber himself shows up is still currently unknown.

To further celebrate Rockman’s Restart, Capcom has opened up the official homepage for the game. The site offers a few extra details on Protoype, including its official Japanese name, which translates to “Rockman Dash 3 the Prologue: The Volume Where We Show the Behind the Scenes of the Game”. How oddly specific.

The page also offers a somewhat more specific date of the demo. Those excited about the game hitting in the next two weeks may be bummed out to learn that the demo is planned for the end of May, not the beginning. This does raise the question on exactly when Nintendo’s new e-Shop will be available for 3DS owners, but confirmation should come this Monday during Nintendo’s annual investor’s meeting.

In the meantime, feel free to gloss over the screenshots and preview videos littered around the site, including more footage of newcomer Barret.We also have the first screenshots on the ever popular Tron Bonne, who recently made an appearance in Marvel vs Capcom 3.Whatever kind of mischief she and her family of thieves is planning, fans are no doubt looking forward to it.

Source

Contributed by Zekrom_cool

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tempbot said:
Called “Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version”, this paid demo showcases a new character named Barret along with the return of a few familiar ones, though whether the Blue Bomber himself shows up is still currently unknown.

This ruined my day.
angry.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
"the heat and excitement surrounding this downloadable title would determine whether or not the full game could be greenlit. If hype is strong, the full title will be a go. If not, it’s a no-go. I don’t even want to think about that outcome!"

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=156466

I mostly love Capcoms games but when it comes to online stuff they really piss me off, they seem to be the main offenders of keep original content off discs just to sell as DLC. Just an excuse to make a quick bit of cash by threatening fans that if they don't buy this beta they won't get the full game.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
naruses said:
Tempbot said:
Called “Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version”, this paid demo showcases a new character named Barret along with the return of a few familiar ones, though whether the Blue Bomber himself shows up is still currently unknown.

This ruined my day.
angry.gif

FFFFUUUU

Why? WHY does it have to be a paid demo?

Let's just have ALL companies sell incomplete projects (that may not even come out) from now on.

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that the 'demo' is more than just that and will contain scenes not included in the final game. Also, I hear there will be a debug mode of sorts for us to mess around with.

It's not like they'd charge full price for this so I don't really see the problem.
(plus, if this sells well it will help capcom see just how much demand there is for this game right?)

Honestly, I'm more bummed about having to wait another month for the shop and internet.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
naruses said:
Tempbot said:

This ruined my day.
angry.gif

FFFFUUUU

Why? WHY does it have to be a paid demo?

Let's just have ALL companies sell incomplete projects (that may not even come out) from now on.
Lol because Capcom wants people to fund their project by selling them a demo. If no one buys it they will probably just scrap the project all together.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, it's sad to see people complaining about a paid demo. It'll probably be around 2 dollars, and you get features that won't be in the final game.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hadrian said:
QUOTE said:
"the heat and excitement surrounding this downloadable title would determine whether or not the full game could be greenlit. If hype is strong, the full title will be a go. If not, it’s a no-go. I don’t even want to think about that outcome!"

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=156466

I mostly love Capcoms games but when it comes to online stuff they really piss me off, they seem to be the main offenders of keep original content off discs just to sell as DLC. Just an excuse to make a quick bit of cash by threatening fans that if they don't buy this beta they won't get the full game.
To be fair, it took years of Inafune badgering the higher ups for them to even consider ML3 since they didn't consider the Legends series successful.
And then he quit.

After all the community hyping they did they can't just scrap it now.
This is probably just their way of scrapping the project safely without backlash.
"People showed little to no interest in a project we didn't think would be successful."
If sales of the demo/preview end up being huge then no big deal and they can go forward with more confidence.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that we're all pirates here, but stop crying about paying $2 for a demo.

Seaking said:
from what i can see on that site....what fuck is this? Megaman 64 3D?
It's a continuation of the Megaman Legends series. Megaman 64 was the N64 version of the first game.

Data somehow looks less cute.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Zarcon said:
To be fair, it took years of Inafune badgering the higher ups for them to even consider ML3 since they didn't consider the Legends series successful.
And then he quit.

After all the community hyping they did they can't just scrap it now.
This is probably just their way of scrapping the project safely without backlash.
"People showed little to no interest in a project we didn't think would be successful."
If sales of the demo/preview end up being huge then no big deal and they can go forward with more confidence.
You do realize that Inafune didn't contribute much to the first two games?
The people who are working on Legends 3 are the same people that made the first two games good.
http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.co...an-legends.html

Z

Zorua

I'm ready to pay for it. It'll be awesome and since it has features/cutscenes etc etc which won't be there in the final game, it's definitely worth the feeble fee.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
naruses said:
Tempbot said:

This ruined my day.
angry.gif
Same
frown.gif
I assume Rockman is MegaMan in Japan. Looks pretty cool, although I'm sick of that dancing monkey in the loading screen.

CherrySkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
It's still a demo >_>
I'm not paying for a demo. Never Ever. Unless it's a Megaman demo, based on Battle Network or Star Force's storyline >.> lol.
I don't like paying for an unfinished product, to be honest...

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CherrySkitty said:
It's still a demo >_>
I'm not paying for a demo. Never Ever. Unless it's a Megaman demo, based on Battle Network or Star Force's storyline >.> lol.
I don't like paying for an unfinished product, to be honest...
But the demo helps Capcom, if no one buys it then they wont make the real game... Blackmail
frown.gif
Joking, but I don't really want to pay for a demo either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D