• Views 8,336,841
  • Replies 3,952
  • Likes 278

Net7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just downloaded the torrent and it appears that MediCat_Installer.exe has a trojan
Sadly, damn near ANY script which uses powershell to pull from the web ANYTHING (files, programs, more scripts, etc) as well as has features like formatting a drive will be labeled as a Trojan courtasy of Massivesoft, doesnt matter what it does.

bashirchak213

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Downloaded and installed successfully but when i tried to boot anything from main menu like mini windows it loads files successfully but hangs with pixlated screen for some time and dead,after that i need to shutdown the laptop improperly..will appreciate some help from any member..

RNR1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Jayro and thank you for this lovely tool
Question is that the format for 2112 has changed from 2106
where do we put our ISO's?
In the live operating systems folder?
Thank s again
RNR

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
I keep getting a ramdisk error for the mini windows 10 option. it won't boot, it just gives me that error.
weird enough though, other stuff like win10 recovery, or things involving a small version of win10 are fine. even installing win 10 from iso works.
i see a solution online involving bcedit or smth, that does not work, as in it'll spit something out about it being incorrect parameter.
using it on UEFI machine, with 4gb of ram, so ramdisk shouldn't be an issue, correct?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Just downloaded the torrent and it appears that MediCat_Installer.exe has a trojan
All trojan warnings and virus warnings are false positives. You guys should know this by now, it's been mentioned here about 9,576,349,754,574,122,957,596 times already.
I can use exfat? or only ntfs for this?
And i can use mbr for ventoy or gpt only?
and whether it will all work when I do
NTFS, or many ISOs will not boot.
Can you please make a version for windows 11 as well?
Eventually, but there's no rush for me to get a Windows 11 WinPE going just yet. WinBuilder still only supports a very old version of Windows 11 at the moment.
Hello Jayro and thank you for this lovely tool
Question is that the format for 2112 has changed from 2106
where do we put our ISO's?
In the live operating systems folder?
Thank s again
RNR
Yes, the folder structure has changed drastically. You can place your ISOs in whatever folders you want really, that's entirely up to you.
I keep getting a ramdisk error for the mini windows 10 option. it won't boot, it just gives me that error.
weird enough though, other stuff like win10 recovery, or things involving a small version of win10 are fine. even installing win 10 from iso works.
i see a solution online involving bcedit or smth, that does not work, as in it'll spit something out about it being incorrect parameter.
using it on UEFI machine, with 4gb of ram, so ramdisk shouldn't be an issue, correct?
1.) Are you booting it from BIOS mode or UEFI mode?
2.) Have you disabled Secure Boot on the laptop?
3.) Are you using a MBR or GPT formatted USB? I suggest testing both to see which one works better for you, as mileage varies between systems.

Reactions: nekinhas

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I highly suggest posting your help questions in the MediCat Discord if you would like your questions answered quicker. We're almost at 3,400 members and growing. Many people there can help you out, including myself and my server staff.

The link to the Discord server is the QR code on PAGE 1.

You can either scan the QR, or click on it. Either way, it'll get you there.

royitoroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Hello, I have an old 1TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive, I installed Ventoy as the instruccion teach but with an 200Gb ntfs partition with medicat usb (latest version), and vhd and other images such as kali and linux-lite among others, and I want to leave the other 700Gb partition for miscellaneous data; but I can't get the computer to start the boot the medicat... what can I do?

shivaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@royitoroy Wipe the disk completely and the partition preferably with some gparted and delete any partitions then create a ntfs partition and install multicat etc. according to the guides. If multicat works and loads properly I would advise you to keep your "stuff" on the same partition as your multicat files. It's best to make a folder and create a file called .ventoyignore in it. then the ventoy will not unnecessarily load your personal belongings and you will be able to keep them there safely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If anyone wants to get me those socks for Christmas... lol