• Views 8,341,701
  • Replies 3,952
  • Likes 278

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've ran into 403 errors with the files on Google Drive, where it says that the download quota has been exceeded, for all files. You might consider uploading your files to archive.org, as its own entry on Internet Archive so that I will be less likely to run into problems like this again. I was considering downloading from MEGA, but I would also be unable to complete the downloads of most of the large files there without hitting a quota.

Tokarido

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi! I have a problem. When I try to start medicat, it just starts in mini Windows 10, I can't access the initial menu, I hope you understand me! sorry for my English!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi,the new version is coming soon?
Yes, working on it as I reply to this. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi! I have a problem. When I try to start medicat, it just starts in mini Windows 10, I can't access the initial menu, I hope you understand me! sorry for my English!
You need to start your PC in Legacy mode. Might also be called CSM. Then you will see the menu.

Reactions: stealitem

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have finished tweaking the "Windows Installer" menu the way I like it, and did the artwork for it this morning. It has come together nicely. PROGRESS! (This is a major milestone for this release, a large hurdle for me is over! :) )

Windows Installer Menu.png

Tokarido

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello! I have an other question. I have an old 32GB USB 2.0 flash drive in which MediCat works perfectly, and I bought a 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive that doesn't work well. The first time starts well, but in poor resolution and also no application works. Then when restarting the PC, it does not recognize the USB, I must format it from my cell phone. What can be caused this? I used Rufus with the same settings for both flash drives, but only 2.0 works.
Sorry for my english!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have an other question. I have an old 32GB USB 2.0 flash drive in which MediCat works perfectly, and I bought a 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive that doesn't work well. The first time starts well, but in poor resolution and also no application works. Then when restarting the PC, it does not recognize the USB, I must format it from my cell phone. What can be caused this? I used Rufus with the same settings for both flash drives, but only 2.0 works.
Sorry for my english!
Your English is fine. It might just be some kind of compatibility problem. You need to have your computer's antivirus disabled (Defender's real-time file scanning too!) so it makes a fully-functional USB stick without issues, because some files in the ISO are false-positives, since they were packed into a portable app format. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.

Reactions: stealitem

Tokarido

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello! I keep testing and discovered that my flash drive for some reason when formatting it in MBR does not work. No matter if it is empty, the PC does not recognize it, and when I enter the BIOS with the USB connected, it does not start, it is a 64GB Kingston DT Duo 3.0

Amantefurtivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hello! I keep testing and discovered that my flash drive for some reason when formatting it in MBR does not work. No matter if it is empty, the PC does not recognize it, and when I enter the BIOS with the USB connected, it does not start, it is a 64GB Kingston DT Duo 3.0

Hello how are you ?

1) Try first to see if your usb works for you in the operating system, normally charged.

2) Look closely (this is essential), if your machine is UEFI OR LEGACY.

If it is UEFI = USB formatted only in fat 32.

If it is LEGACY, BIOS, Legacy mode, etc. etc. It can be faormated in FAT 32 or NTFS,

3) FIX THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE SECURYTY BOOT ACTIVATED IN THE BIOS, but deactivate it.

3) If you did this, then try to boot it in different ports, many times it happens that even if it is a USB 3.0, you must put it in a 2.0 port to boot from the bios.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NOTE: Windows does not allow formatting fat32 on usb drives sd cards etc larger than 32 gigabytes.
If you want to drug in fat 32 your usb drive must do so with some program external to windows.

If your usb drive is not recognized by your operating system, check the device manager might have an error in yellow there.

HourlySword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there this might be a stupid question, but how hard is it to add a non-portable program to Medicat? Was looking to try and add something like OSForensics (Trial) or FTK Imager Lite to it but i've been reading up on WinPE and .wim files and haven't really been able to make sense of how to actually add an app to windows PE. Appreciate any feedback!

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a suggestion, Id add Powershell to even the mini naked Windows 10 image.

I think its a basic core fundamental tool. Even Server Core and Windows IoT has it

Reactions: whoami69

whoami69

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi, just a little suggestion.
Replacing lubuntu with parrot os will be a great change. Parrot is coming with a lot of tools for hacking and it can be very useful.

If this is not going to happen (and I am 90% sure it won't), then how can I replace lubuntu with parrot? Just placing the iso somewhere and creating a menu entry produces a lot of bugs and it may not boot at all.

Smexhy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Is it possible to create only-UEFI bootable USB? I have a laptop which can't enable CSM/Legacy boot, so it would be great to have this option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.