• Replies 3,952
  • Likes 278

sebastiandg7

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Here's how you do it

I have tryed it with a Pop! OS ISO but it wont boot. I included the ISO file and added a new menu as the first main menu entry:

Code:
LABEL Install Operating Systems
MENU LABEL Install Operating Systems ==>
kernel vesamenu.c32
APPEND /OS/os_install.cfg
text help
Install different operating systems from their ISO images.
endtext

And this is the new menu:

Code:
label Pop! OS 18.04
menu label Pop! OS 18.04 LTS 52 (INTEL/AMD) ==>
kernel /boot/grub.exe
APPEND --config-file="find --set-root --ignore-floppies /OS/iso/pop-os_18.04_amd64_intel_52.iso ; map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /OS/iso/pop-os_18.04_amd64_intel_52.iso (hd32); map --hook; chainloader (hd32)
text help
              Install Pop! OS 18.04.
endtext

label Pop! OS 18.04 (NVIDIA)
menu label Pop! OS 18.04 LTS 52 (INTEL/AMD, NVIDIA) ==>
kernel /boot/grub.exe
APPEND --config-file="find --set-root --ignore-floppies /OS/iso/pop-os_18.04_amd64_nvidia_52.iso ; map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /OS/iso/pop-os_18.04_amd64_nvidia_52.iso (hd32); map --hook; chainloader (hd32)
text help
              Install Pop! OS 18.04 with propietary NVIDIA drivers.
endtext

label Win10
menu label Windows 10 1809 Oct (English) ==>
kernel /boot/grub.exe
APPEND --config-file="find --set-root --ignore-floppies /OS/iso/Win10_1809Oct_English_x64.iso ; map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /OS/iso/Win10_1809Oct_English_x64.iso (hd32); map --hook; chainloader (hd32)
text help
              Install Windows 10 Build 1809 Oct (English).
endtext

It seems like the Win10 ISO works fine. But is not the case with the Pop! OS options. Here is the error I'm getting:

Pop_Os_error.png

@Jayro Am I configuring the menu options correctly?

Last edited by sebastiandg7,

frenchvince

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello jayro i want boot medicat on pxe server to repair easily in my network how can i do it ?

(this don't work on my pxelinux.cfg)
LABEL medicat 18
LINUX memdisk
INITRD images/medicat.iso
APPEND iso

i can lauch all ISO in medicat but not with your menu

thx to help me

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have tryed it with a Pop! OS ISO but it wont boot. I included the ISO file and added a new menu as the first main menu entry:

Code:
LABEL Install Operating Systems
MENU LABEL Install Operating Systems ==>
kernel vesamenu.c32
APPEND /OS/os_install.cfg
text help
Install different operating systems from their ISO images.
endtext

And this is the new menu:

Code:
label Pop! OS 18.04
menu label Pop! OS 18.04 LTS 52 (INTEL/AMD) ==>
kernel /boot/grub.exe
APPEND --config-file="find --set-root --ignore-floppies /OS/iso/pop-os_18.04_amd64_intel_52.iso ; map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /OS/iso/pop-os_18.04_amd64_intel_52.iso (hd32); map --hook; chainloader (hd32)
text help
              Install Pop! OS 18.04.
endtext

label Pop! OS 18.04 (NVIDIA)
menu label Pop! OS 18.04 LTS 52 (INTEL/AMD, NVIDIA) ==>
kernel /boot/grub.exe
APPEND --config-file="find --set-root --ignore-floppies /OS/iso/pop-os_18.04_amd64_nvidia_52.iso ; map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /OS/iso/pop-os_18.04_amd64_nvidia_52.iso (hd32); map --hook; chainloader (hd32)
text help
              Install Pop! OS 18.04 with propietary NVIDIA drivers.
endtext

label Win10
menu label Windows 10 1809 Oct (English) ==>
kernel /boot/grub.exe
APPEND --config-file="find --set-root --ignore-floppies /OS/iso/Win10_1809Oct_English_x64.iso ; map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /OS/iso/Win10_1809Oct_English_x64.iso (hd32); map --hook; chainloader (hd32)
text help
              Install Windows 10 Build 1809 Oct (English).
endtext

It seems like the Win10 ISO works fine. But is not the case with the Pop! OS options. Here is the error I'm getting:

View attachment 167580

@Jayro Am I configuring the menu options correctly?
I have noticed ubuntu-based distros need to be added via YUMI to get them booting properly. Booting the iso directly always errors out for me.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Weird all I see when I boot the USB version is recovery mode for Win10/8 and Win7 plus the Win10 of Medicat. No other apps or distros that run outside of Windows
That is odd, but I haven't used Medicat recently so it may have been removed. Probably best to wait for word from @Jayro

Reactions: Larsenv

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Weird all I see when I boot the USB version is recovery mode for Win10/8 and Win7 plus the Win10 of Medicat. No other apps or distros that run outside of Windows
You're booting it in UEFI mode, you need to boot it from Legacy/CSM mode.

royallyfedup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if the computer(s) in question has no idea what UEFI is? Sytem 1 is an old Core2Duo system? System 2 a Core2DUO Q6600 also exhibited the same issue but the wired USB mouse would not work and I had to use the keyboard to quit the program. System 3 is an AMD x4 630 boots to the Windows10 logo and rotating circle of dots. This behavoir was the same when I used Easy2Boot and the Mini Windows10 Medicat ISO on Easy2Boot on System 2 and System 3

I used Rufus 3.5 to create a MBR layout flash drive with Target System set to BIOS or UEFI.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Even if the computer(s) in question has no idea what UEFI is? Sytem 1 is an old Core2Duo system? System 2 a Core2DUO Q6600 also exhibited the same issue but the wired USB mouse would not work and I had to use the keyboard to quit the program. System 3 is an AMD x4 630 boots to the Windows10 logo and rotating circle of dots. This behavoir was the same when I used Easy2Boot and the Mini Windows10 Medicat ISO on Easy2Boot on System 2 and System 3

I used Rufus 3.5 to create a MBR layout flash drive with Target System set to BIOS or UEFI.
Very odd behavior. Did the download possibly corrupt? And make sure when you're making a USB with Rufus that your virus scanner's Real-Time Scanning is disabled. Defender's too. It can really mess up the install to the USB if it isn't.

royallyfedup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The MD5 hash of the medicat.v18.10.stable.iso agree to your hash on Google Drive. Disabling antivirus during the Rufus run made no difference on System1. It boots to a text based menu in black and white with the Mini Windows10 or the 3 Rescue options i.e. Windows10/8/7 plus the Memory Test at the bottom of the screen. Flash drive is 32GB in size.

royallyfedup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Yumi to create the Medicat USB boot and after 2 hours on a i5 w 8GB RAM it completed. Booted it in System1 and saw the Medicat splash screen followed by the text menu offering disk utils etc. Selected the one for PartedMgaic which sent me to a boot: prompt. With Spinrite it locked up on PCDOS prompt but that could be a result of the system1 using AHCI rather than IDE which Spinrite does not always like.

Thinking perhaps it was a change in Rufus I tried 3.1 portable and 3.4 portable and another flash drive. Both of them booted up as they should. I then looked at the USB flash drive in a partition editor and noticed that there was a very small partition at the end of the flash drive labelled UEFI. I blew away that partition and redid the creation with Rufus 3.5.1497 portable. This time this USB flash drive booted properly with the splash screen and the additional menu. Even though I was using MBR option in Rufus and NTFS, Rufus was not removing the UEFI partition on the problem flash drive and it was causing issues booting the flash drive in System1 an older Core2Duo system.

Last edited by royallyfedup,
Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I used Yumi to create the Medicat USB boot and after 2 hours on a i5 w 8GB RAM it completed. Booted it in System1 and saw the Medicat splash screen followed by the text menu offering disk utils etc. Selected the one for PartedMgaic which sent me to a boot: prompt.
PartedMagic does this, and is normal behavior. You just need to wait about 20 seconds at the boot prompt, and it will continue booting on it's own. It's a known issue, but fixes itself with time.

neenja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently added Medicat to my YUMI 256gb stick and am having some issues. It works fine when I load the stand alone medicat stick, but when I try to use my Yumi multiboot stick, it would only load me into a windows 7 install screen.

I launch the yumi stick with no problems. Select Medicat, and see the normal splash screen with the options. I choose "Mini Windows 10 + Recovery" and it takes me right to a Windows 7 install menu.

Any idea why I cant load the actual mini windows 10 environment?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently added Medicat to my YUMI 256gb stick and am having some issues. It works fine when I load the stand alone medicat stick, but when I try to use my Yumi multiboot stick, it would only load me into a windows 7 install screen.

I launch the yumi stick with no problems. Select Medicat, and see the normal splash screen with the options. I choose "Mini Windows 10 + Recovery" and it takes me right to a Windows 7 install menu.

Any idea why I cant load the actual mini windows 10 environment?
Rufus is the recommended way to burn MediCat to a USB stick so it works properly.

Reactions: Ninarainbow

Amantefurtivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
[QUOTE = "Jayro, post: 8619851, miembro: 310594"] Me disculpo por no haber hecho el nuevo v19.04 todavía ... Últimamente me han pasado muchas cosas en mi vida personal. Mi abuela recientemente falleció de cáncer. Mi novia tiene quistes ováricos y necesita cirugía pronto. La cuidaré mientras se recupera. Y trabajo 40 horas a la semana por encima de todo esto. El lanzamiento se acerca, lo prometo ... Simplemente ha sido lento desde que surgieron estos problemas en abril. [/ QUOTE]

Gracias, Sr. Jairo, por su esfuerzo y generosidad, proporcionándonos su MEDICAT de forma gratuita.

Espero que sus problemas personales se resuelvan de la mejor manera para usted.

Esperaremos ansiosamente su nueva versión del programa, pero sin prisas y respetando sus tiempos.

Saludos.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

[QUOTE = "Amantefurtivo, post: 8677507, miembro: 479740"] Gracias, Sr. Jairo, por su esfuerzo y generosidad, proporcionándonos su MEDICAT de forma gratuita.

Espero que sus problemas personales se resuelvan de la mejor manera para usted.

Esperaremos ansiosamente su nueva versión del programa, pero sin prisas y respetando sus tiempos.

Saludos [/ QUOTE]

Gracias, Sr. Jairo, por su esfuerzo y generosidad, proporcionándonos su MEDICAT de forma gratuita.

Espero que tus problemas personales se resuelvan de la mejor manera para ti.

Esperaremos ansiosamente su nueva versión del programa, pero sin apresurarnos y respetando sus tiempos.

Saludos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7