OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
MediCat USB v21.05 has just been released! (Torrent and Magnet only for a few days, sorry. I have crappy upload speeds.)

I've been in collaboration with @AAA3A these last couple of months, and he really took this release to a whole new level with the addition of the all-new F6 menu. You can now read the list of bootable tools within MediCat USB, you can read the Changelog in there, and few other surprises! @AAA3A also updated Jayro's Lockpick for me, and help me add in the F7 button that switches between GUI menu and Text menu modes! So big shout-out to @AAA3A for all his hard work!
UEFI.png

AAA3A

Trophies
XP
Country
France
MediCat USB v21.05 has just been released! (Torrent and Magnet only for a few days, sorry. I have crappy upload speeds.)

I've been in collaboration with @AAA3A these last couple of months, and he really took this release to a whole new level with the addition of the all-new F6 menu. You can now read the list of bootable tools within MediCat USB, you can read the Changelog in there, and few other surprises! @AAA3A also updated Jayro's Lockpick for me, and help me add in the F7 button that switches between GUI menu and Text menu modes! So big shout-out to @AAA3A for all his hard work!

Thank you SO MUCH for this new version 21.05! Medicat is GREAT and has taken up a LOT of your time! It helps many people and we NEED this tool to troubleshoot computers!
:):toot:

auqs10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thank you Jayro, just started to download, next days I will try it and let you know (I will use a MacBookPro 15 Early 2013).
Really wonderful work and very useful, mostly for old computers to diagnose and repair.
:teach:

Reactions: Tizie and Jayro

auqs10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hy Jayro, first issue that I encountered was the version of the ventoy 1.0.45 included in the package. In order to make my SSD 120GB clean, I have installed the ventoy version, but unfortunately I kind missed the indication that it will convert to GPT partition table (right side under the version indicated in red numbers). The problem starts from here, because I choose to put your VHD package inside the corresponding folder, but as you indicated in other posts the partition should be NTFS not ExFat (this is what the ventoy installation gives automatically). After formatting the ExFat to NTFS, I loosed the bootable information because the partition table was GPT. I have now downloaded the windows ZIP version of the ventoy from their site and with my big surprise, the indication under the red numbers version the partition table will be MBR. Thank you again for your idea and innovative solution.
I will let you know my further progress on this new prepared very useful package of tools. :nds:

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, sorry about that, I didn't warn anyone about the change to GPT. But it's going to stay GPT going forward. Less and less computers are supporting MBR booting now, so it just seemed right to move forward.

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a newer HP laptop and when I load the Mini Windows 10, my keyboard and mouse stops working. How do I load drivers for them?

Kast0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Just purchased WD 1TB SN550 Blue and Im ready to test it !
Thank You for perfect tools set :)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a newer HP laptop and when I load the Mini Windows 10, my keyboard and mouse stops working. How do I load drivers for them?
You add the driver folder to /System/Drivers/ on the USB stick, and they'll be loaded on startup. I used Double Driver on my laptop's Windows installation to back up the mouse driver properly.

Reactions: Zalex

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Jayro do You plan to import most expected feature never implemented in 20.12 ? ;)

View attachment 265678
I really should add easter eggs again, but nobody found the other ones I hid, so I stopped adding them. Most of them are just pictures of my cat, but I made one shortly after Harambe died, where if you push F11 on the keyboard, it took you to a secret menu for 5 seconds that said "Sticks out for Harambe." and it had a bunch of hands holding USB sticks in the air. (R.I.P. King)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I guess I can go ahead and post this spoiler:

I'm remaking my Mini Windows 10 WinPE from scratch again. It's based on Windows 10.0.19041.268 (v2004), the highest supported version in WinBuilder. It's already snappier, and everything is working without a hitch so far. I've been working on it for almost a week in secret, for about 6 to 11 hours a day (with small breaks of course) to bring a better experience. HP Trackpad drivers work, HP Wi-Fi drivers work, There's better hardware support for newer machines, it auto-resolutions the screen to it's native resolution upon login, Discord Portable is working, it's a whole new animal and I really think people are gonna enjoy it.

Mini Windows 10 (v2004).png

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm remaking my Mini Windows 10 WinPE from scratch again. It's based on Windows 10.0.19041.268 (v2004), the highest supported version in WinBuilder. It's already snappier, and everything is working without a hitch so far. I've been working on it for almost a week in secret, for about 6 to 11 hours a day (with small breaks of course) to bring a better experience. HP Trackpad drivers work, HP Wi-Fi drivers work, There's better hardware support for newer machines, it auto-resolutions the screen to it's native resolution upon login, Discord Portable is working, it's a whole new animal and I really think people are gonna enjoy it.

View attachment 265681
WOW! Thanks alot for your hard work on this. I was using Sterlec before but now using yours. I had a hard time getting the HP drivers to work even with the double drivers you suggested so I gave up. I'm so excited to see that you got the HP drivers to work and I look forward to this new version.I tried using the driver booster portable inside Windows but it kept crashing and next time Windows 10 mini boots up all the drivers were gone again.

Last edited by kublai,

Gremlin220366

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

View attachment 265681
Looks great from the picture ,thanks for your hard work and continued development of MediCat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E