ROM Hack Translation Medarot DS: Kabuto Ver.

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Got it :/
I extracted by tinke and opened the .tex file in CT2 and it looked like this. I have no idea how to solve it.
View attachment 382667
Post automatically merged:

And I'm having problems with the "select" inside the code in .spt
If I put any value other than "はい" or "いいえ" the game does not read the next .spt, does not freeze, but does not allow to leave the scene.
As if the previous .spt script was still active.
Do you have any idea what it could be?
View attachment 382668
For the ct2, you need to select the pallet, basically go to the hex view and select from 0x20(iirc) to 0x220, right click then data to palette
For the spt, i think you're ignoring the separator, send me the modified file please

Reactions: MeiBunny

MeiBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For the ct2, you need to select the pallet, basically go to the hex view and select from 0x20(iirc) to 0x220, right click then data to palette
For the spt, i think you're ignoring the separator, send me the modified file please
What is 0x20(iirc) to 0x220 exactly? Sorry to ask, it's just that I don't really understand much about hexdecimal

About the file, I attached what you asked

Attachments

• 01_00_0004.7z
    1.2 KB · Views: 20

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
What is 0x20(iirc) to 0x220 exactly? Sorry to ask, it's just that I don't really understand much about hexdecimal

About the file, I attached what you asked
For CT2:

CrystalTile2_uClySTRCW2.gif

For your choice problem i can't reproduce what you did:
melonDS_3sMXQno7Qy.gif

Edit: Yep i can see it now oops, doesn't seem to have anything wrong with your file tbh
Edit 2: It seems to only affect the choice strings, the choice question can be changed, i would highly recommend ignoring them and any ifselect command for now until you figure it out later or if a hacker joins in maybe he can debug it.

Last edited by YuseiFD,

MeiBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For CT2:

For your choice problem i can't reproduce what you did:
View attachment 382792
Edit: Yep i can see it now oops, doesn't seem to have anything wrong with your file tbh
Edit 2: It seems to only affect the choice strings, the choice question can be changed, i would highly recommend ignoring them and any ifselect command for now until you figure it out later or if a hacker joins in maybe he can debug it.
Thank you very much :)
I managed to replicate and get the image in .Tex

About the question in the choice, I see that it calls a sub select that is in the code select.spt. I understand programming because I work with it, however I could not identify the language of this code
And the variables are all composed of a letter and some numbers which makes it difficult to know what is what.

I do not know if the choice values are hardcoded in some other script

Attachments

• select.zip
    869 bytes · Views: 17

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much :)
I managed to replicate and get the image in .Tex

About the question in the choice, I see that it calls a sub select that is in the code select.spt. I understand programming because I work with it, however I could not identify the language of this code
And the variables are all composed of a letter and some numbers which makes it difficult to know what is what.

I do not know if the choice values are hardcoded in some other script
I checked the file, i do not see anything that could help, the choices are not hardcoded, but this must mean that there may be something else using those strings, i am gonna test something and be back
EDIT: Yep, i knew it, i replaced every single いいえ with a No and every single はい with a Yes, in every SPT file in Field, and i managed to bypass it, @MeiBunny try it out, use Ctrl + Shift + H to mass replace in multiple files.

Last edited by YuseiFD,

MeiBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I checked the file, i do not see anything that could help, the choices are not hardcoded, but this must mean that there may be something else using those strings, i am gonna test something and be back
EDIT: Yep, i knew it, i replaced every single いいえ with a No and every single はい with a Yes, in every SPT file in Field, and i managed to bypass it, @MeiBunny try it out, use Ctrl + Shift + H to mass replace in multiple files.
Oh, nice
It makes me happy, knowing that I will be able to translate はい and いいえ
At the moment I will only note the scripts that have a "select" in the documentation that I am doing for the translation
Because I want to understand where this conditional is and how it works
I also want to understand where the name of the parts is and if I can translate them.
Thank you very much

Reactions: YuseiFD

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, nice
It makes me happy, knowing that I will be able to translate はい and いいえ
At the moment I will only note the scripts that have a "select" in the documentation that I am doing for the translation
Because I want to understand where this conditional is and how it works
I also want to understand where the name of the parts is and if I can translate them.
Thank you very much
You're most welcome, good luck on the project, once i am done with tsubasa i'll most likely move on to this.

MeiBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You're most welcome, good luck on the project, once i am done with tsubasa i'll most likely move on to this.
Thank you!
I will structure some things in the translation documentation to make the whole process easier.
I am making the document with space for English translation as I believe it is possible to do both in parallel.
I have no connection with the OP team of this thread, and he didn't show up while I was interacting here, so I don't know the status of his project. If you want I can tag you when I create it.
However, I will create a new post for the Portuguese and English translation as soon as I make some more progress.

I have made progress with the textures :)

1689187596344-png.383006

Attachments

• 1689187596344.png
    1689187596344.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Love
Reactions: YuseiFD

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you!
I will structure some things in the translation documentation to make the whole process easier.
I am making the document with space for English translation as I believe it is possible to do both in parallel.
I have no connection with the OP team of this thread, and he didn't show up while I was interacting here, so I don't know the status of his project. If you want I can tag you when I create it.
However, I will create a new post for the Portuguese and English translation as soon as I make some more progress.

I have made progress with the textures :)

1689187596344-png.383006
Yeah it's best to do that for now, having a dedicated thread is mich better

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7