Very good job. The game seems playable now. I could provide you -if you want- the translated files of the param folder especially the medabot parts, medals and attacks since i translated them a long time ago using the officia sources.
I would definitely like those. I am using the params files from the original translators. I mostly translated the story text.
Post automatically merged:
1.006 addresses the quests problems. They should work normally now.
I am not getting the crashing after the medabots interview dialogue on azaharPlus so I can't tell where the problem is unfortunately. Might be emulator specific unless I see more instances or if other people could report whether they made it past the medabots interview (after the championship fight and you find out you failed the final exam).
Edit: Found out it is best to play with the base game and not apply updates since that will overwrite the files I've modified and could lead to unpredictable results.
The story is basically fully translated but only quality checked until where Main joins you. The latest release is here https://github.com/roks70/Medabots9-Translations/releases 1.002 has the story and tutorials quality checked until beginning of chapter 4 (a little after Main joins).
Please play and let me know if I missed anywhere. Best done on emulator. If you want to recompile the files, you'll have to use HackingToolkit9DS.exe to recompile the files and form the .cia again.
Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if the game runs at 20fps for anyone else and how to fix if possible. I noticed after the cutscene to get to the academy it ran at 30 until I restarted and then it was back to 20 so i was thinking it might be bugged somehow?
I am doing something wrong here. I have a decrypted .3ds and it is extracted, when I just extract and rebuild as a test the rebuilt file works. But when I install the romfs and execf from update from both the data and m9 story files on front page and rebuild the file just hands and won't start. Can someone walk me through the final portion on what files I need to replace in the decrypted game before rebuild?
Got it figured out, does anyone have a guide to the game, I'm stuck on the part where I'm supposed to be searching for medalia sounds at the mine entrance.
Got it figured out, does anyone have a guide to the game, I'm stuck on the part where I'm supposed to be searching for medalia sounds at the mine entrance.
Hello. I modded my eldest new 3ds xl and my girl loves Medabots. She played the gameboy advance game and loved every minute of it but also the anime.
I tried to put the translation into a .cia file using luma but it didnt work onto both Rokusho and Metabee version of Medarot 9.
(I want to put the game and its translation onto the new 3ds xl mod hardware, but failing.)
Anyone got suggestions?
Maybe someone have a .cia file aready patched up to share?
Thank you and for those who are working on making Medabots in english and relevant again, the best of luck.
Hello. I modded my eldest new 3ds xl and my girl loves Medabots. She played the gameboy advance game and loved every minute of it but also the anime.
I tried to put the translation into a .cia file using luma but it didnt work onto both Rokusho and Metabee version of Medarot 9.
(I want to put the game and its translation onto the new 3ds xl mod hardware, but failing.)
Anyone got suggestions?
Maybe someone have a .cia file aready patched up to share?
Thank you and for those who are working on making Medabots in english and relevant again, the best of luck.
I´m playing Medarot 9 with the english patch and feels amazing.
But i figured out that my favorite Medabot Arcbeetle, you cant get it in the game.
If i want the Arcbeetle i have to Save Editor ou use a HxD to find his code and give myself his parts, but thats easier said than done.
If anyone has any cheats or has figured out how to Save Editor medaparts, let me know how. Just want the Arcbeetle.
Also, i´m posting here all the Passwords that give you full medabots and parts that are currently working in the Network/Password ingame.
Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if the game runs at 20fps for anyone else and how to fix if possible. I noticed after the cutscene to get to the academy it ran at 30 until I restarted and then it was back to 20 so i was thinking it might be bugged somehow?
In my experience, using layeredFS for this many files really slows down the game. Every time I talk to another character or open a menu, it causes it to lag/slow down.
Could just be my SD card.
I am sorry if I am being dumb or something but are there medabots missing from the game? I could have sworn that arcbeetle was in the game but I cannot find him.
I would definitely like those. I am using the params files from the original translators. I mostly translated the story text.
Post automatically merged:
1.006 addresses the quests problems. They should work normally now.
I am not getting the crashing after the medabots interview dialogue on azaharPlus so I can't tell where the problem is unfortunately. Might be emulator specific unless I see more instances or if other people could report whether they made it past the medabots interview (after the championship fight and you find out you failed the final exam).
Edit: Found out it is best to play with the base game and not apply updates since that will overwrite the files I've modified and could lead to unpredictable results.
The dialogue translation is a fork of the original UI translation - so if you're running the latest translation from this thread (1.1.5) it won't feature any of the machine translated dialogue that @roks7074 has done with their fork
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...