Maybe we need premoderation for newreg?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I personally prefer users reporting spam and other messages that violate the rules than take it upon themselves to combat it.
All that's being done is increase visability of said spam.

Well, considering how many GBATempers are around at any given time during the day, reporting would solve the issue at some extent, if just all Tempers would just report it at fisrt sight. Sadly that's not the case, I've seen many users posting on those SPAM threads, including nonsense to offenses to some level.

I'd say we, as GBATemp users should help moderation by reporting and moving ahead asap we see those kind ot SPAM. Moderators would do what they consider necessary.

One thing to add, is that on those threads a report counter should be added, so Tempers know if that thread has been reported already or not, and such thread should be closed for new comments after it has been reported automatically. Admin can add some sort of "trustability" to some level users (up to some level) so those threads reports are legit and not coming from some angry dastard trying to cause a mess on some thread.

We, as users should help keeping this site as useable and clean as possible.

This message summed it up pretty well.
Just report offending posts and let us deal with it.
Opening threads like this just to vent frustrations by suggesting things which just worsens the overall experience of newcomers.
Ask yourself, would you join a website where all you can do is wait hours before your question is visable?
And if it just so happens to go quickly, having to wait x amount of minutes before you can make a reply?

Now some suggestions posted here can prove fruitful but I'm not on the dev side so I have no clue how easy it is to implement them.

Thank you everyone who suggested something but I really have the feeling this thread is going past its useful life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?