Maybe their could be a exploit through download play

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by FPU4eva, Apr 22, 2011.

1. FPU4eva
    OP

Newcomer FPU4eva Newbie

United States
    imagine just wifi or bluetooth connecting to ur comuter and ur 3ds seeing all the files would it it be possible? it seems like somewhere to start for a hack

2. ShadowSonic2

Newcomer ShadowSonic2 Advanced Member

Trinidad and Tobago
    Not sure but I do believe the DS series uses Infrared to connect via Download Play. Also I believe, the files are most likely encrypted so it wouldn't be as easy as connecting to the DS and viewing them.

3. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
  4. jceggbert5

Member jceggbert5 Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.

United States
    Erm... no... They used a special variation of local WiFi to run, using near-standard WiFi hardware.

5. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Not possible at the moment, there's RSA protection on Download Play to make sure only licensed code can be run.

6. FPU4eva
    OP

Newcomer FPU4eva Newbie

United States
    btw im not a hacker anymore the days of 100k botnets and ddos bill oreilly are long gone, but it could be a exploit no one needs to be an ass

7. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    1. More of a script kiddie than a hacker if all you did was launch DDOS attacks
    2. Nobody is being an "ass".
    3. We've had thousands of these threads and they haven't amounted to anything. You should have posted this here.

8. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    Search before bringing it up then.
    This was a topic 2 weeks ago.

9. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    DDoSing is more of a skiddie attack than "hacking", also wasn't that last year?

Anyway in answer to your original question, no. If you mean DS download play then that's in DS mode, even if there was by some miracle chance that we could "hack" it through this way, it'd only be in DS mode.

I have no idea if there's a 3DS download play (I think there is for SSFIV) but still, no. There is no client on the 3DS nor a way of associating a computer to it.

Also next time:

http://gbatemp.net/t286139-3ds-hacking-theory-thread?

It just helps organizes things better and if someone wants to put the theories into practice, they can.

10. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    It's funny when a complete noob tries to sound like a hacker pro. If you want the 3DS to be hacked, go away and come back in a few months and leave it to people who actually know what they're doing. You think that people who fully understand all the hardware and ios wouldn't have thought of exploiting something that's on the main menu when you boot up the console without your profound help?

11. modshroom128

Member modshroom128 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    OH MY GOD GENIUS WHY HAVEN'T WE THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE ALERT THE PRESS

12. Antoids

Newcomer Antoids Advanced Member

United States
    yo, op

i realize you're just trying to be helpful, but you've got to understand nothing you say is ever going to be useful to the people who actually know what they're talking about. they've already long since looked at everything you're going to suggest, because it's their focus, and they've looked at it from every angle.

i'm sure you think you've got some great ideas, but the fact of the matter is you really don't know anything about hacking at all, so you're not going to be breaking any ground whatsoever

i know you think you're a hacker because you can follow an instructions list to fire up LOIC, but it's like calling yourself a chef just because you can follow the instructions on the back of the box. real hackers create the tools that people like you use, just like real chefs devise the recipes everyone else uses through experimentation.

i was like this too until i learned to just sit back, shut up, and let the big kids do the talking. you'll see a few stupid posts of mine arguing about the same "i was just giving ideas" idiocy. you just gotta realize that the people who know what they're doing are looking in far less obvious places, because nintendo's already looked in all the obvious ones and stopped them from working.

13. ShadowSonic2

Newcomer ShadowSonic2 Advanced Member

Trinidad and Tobago
    Thanks for the info.

14. [Truth]

Member [Truth] GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    QFT

15. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    We need a sticky that says "If your idea is something along the lines of you connect it to this and then a magical exploit happens, don't post."

16. modshroom128

Member modshroom128 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    also what the fuck is a comuter

17. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Really? Is really that serious to the point of this treatment from posters? [​IMG]

18. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I don't care, but it really riles people here up so I'd like less of it because I don't like when members piss all over each other.

19. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    Maybe they have a fetish?

20. Lucifer666

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    Guys, relax.
    The thread creator was nice enough to be generous and share his idea, even if it wouldn't work out..