Maybe I'm doing it wrong this time around (updating splatoon on 5.3.2-spoofed)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by KevAqn, Jan 24, 2016.

1. KevAqn
    OP

KevAqn Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2015
    United States
    So I used Uwizards function to download the game update for splatoon, I set it to version 160 (I think that's the correct one.) Placed all the files into "install" on the SD card and put it in my WiiU. Loaded up the kernal exploit and then went back and loaded up WUPinstaller, going back to the menu is causing the whole system to freeze.

The only thing I'm confused about is the downloaded game update files (they have no extensions) and I'm not sure if in the previous times I've updated it I've seen extensions or not. What might be wrong?

2. drhacknslash

drhacknslash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    I'm having similar issues. After running into the same issue and a lot of work on wupinstaller, I managed to get the exploit working again. However every time I do and leave the system ample time to install (30-60 min), the update is corrupted after forced reboot. I did spoof to 5.5.1 first. I also tried to delete the previous update data to no avail.

I downloaded my update through new nusgrabber. I don't know what version it is or if the correct one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. FoxMcloud5655

FoxMcloud5655 GBATemp Developer

Nov 16, 2015
    United States
    Cornaria
    Go download the newest version of the NEW-NUSGrabberGUI. It can download and decrypt the game updates that you download from it, so you can use that to install your game update.

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655, Jan 27, 2016
  4. blady666

blady666 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    I have the same problem my workaround was download the update with nusgrabber.exe by commandline. It must download 63 files with space of 580 megas if i remember ok. And use wupinstaller from wiiubrew.net. from wupinstaller.com not works for me

Cheers

Blady

Last edited by blady666, Jan 27, 2016