Hacking Mathew_Wi said: Update to 5.5.1 while you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sonic Angel Knight, I agree with you in that is the persons decision to make. With all the info out there (and the vague call for everyone to update to 5.5.1) there needs to be some clarification to make people feel comfortable updating. I understand 5.5.1 works with all current homebrew apps. It is kinda like when 9.2 became the new magic firmware for 3DS in that people were wary for awhile to update from 4.0-4.5 to 9.2. Just have to see how it all plays out.
That is exactly why i don't understand why people cannot wait for any clarity in things, it would have been easier to have actual working proof of something instead of opening discussion about what decisions to make for something that isn't ready to use.

If the exploit was released, then is a reason to open discussion, but why discuss something that isn't here? There so many possible changes to anything that can occur before is here and looking positivly at something or blindly is sure to ensure negative backlash about how long is taking, what should we do to prepare and other things that isn't clear. So far is just my opinion i feel people wanna do this to feel right or empowered by the phrase "I told you so" As in being able to tell things that happen like some prophet about something that may or may not be true.

If that is the case people are better off opening a poll asking if we think it will happen, with only yes or no as a vote. Most of this information should be kept anonymous to protect backlash from people who can be a little hostile. I just mean i wish that people wait for official information instead of speculations.

Reactions: stl25

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is exactly why i don't understand why people cannot wait for any clarity in things, it would have been easier to have actual working proof of something instead of opening discussion about what decisions to make for something that isn't ready to use.

If the exploit was released, then is a reason to open discussion, but why discuss something that isn't here? There so many possible changes to anything that can occur before is here and looking positivly at something or blindly is sure to ensure negative backlash about how long is taking, what should we do to prepare and other things that isn't clear. So far is just my opinion i feel people wanna do this to feel right or empowered by the phrase "I told you so" As in being able to tell things that happen like some prophet about something that may or may not be true.

If that is the case people are better off opening a poll asking if we think it will happen, with only yes or no as a vote. Most of this information should be kept anonymous to protect backlash from people who can be a little hostile. I just mean i wish that people wait for official information instead of speculations.

I think the reason why people speculate is because they got told by so many people that they NEED IOSU so hard, and without their Wii U is just an empty hull.
Many respectful DEVs done their part too.. (no namecalling (I'm NOT mean HYKEM!!))

So the people really think they are in need for this and with all the "leaks" they can't handle it anymore.

Believe me, if Team SALT would make a post everyday with their Progress, even if their is none, people wouldn't care anymore.

Rule #1: Humans want what they can't get, even if they don't want it in the end.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China

The thing about 9.2 is that there were lower firm exploits. The first 9.X only exploit, ninjhax 2, came way after stuff like rxtools 2.5 (And PBT) which allowed people to easily go to 9.2.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart 8 doesn't freeze my system when returning to the Home Menu anymore.

Now I'm disappointed that I hadn't updated the system earlier. XD

Reactions: Subtle Demise

SpadeASF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Huh... I find this thread 2 weeks later after hearing about Salt Team and the IOSU exploit... I wonder if this news is true? Hope Salt Team can do it ! :gun::yayu:

Krupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No need to be hasty, I'm sure there is at least one retail game disc that contains the 5.5.1 update. Waiting patiently.
As far as I know, there are no discs containing 5.5.1, or even 5.5 for that matter. So don't count on a disc update being possible. If you don't update to 5.5.1 before Nintendo releases a new update, there's a possibility that you'll never be able to run the IOSU exploit, since you won't be able to run 5.5.X.

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As far as I know, there are no discs containing 5.5.1, or even 5.5 for that matter. So don't count on a disc update being possible. If you don't update to 5.5.1 before Nintendo releases a new update, there's a possibility that you'll never be able to run the IOSU exploit, since you won't be able to run 5.5.X.

Starfox zero has it on the disc

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mathew_Wi updated his Twitter profile... New photo and banner. Any thoughts? Random speculation? :P

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i am on 5.5.1 but it would be convenient to have a disc that has that firmware as we never know we might end up purchasing another WiiU from the second hand shop and might be in a very low firmware..wish someone could show some proof of a game disc with that firmware..

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am on 5.5.1 but it would be convenient to have a disc that has that firmware as we never know we might end up purchasing another WiiU from the second hand shop and might be in a very low firmware..wish someone could show some proof of a game disc with that firmware..
I have a copy of Starfox Zero, and I can dump the game via ddd if needed, I just need to know if I can figure out if the disc does have an update on it, and if so if it actually is the right verison.

Reactions: yahoo

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a copy of Starfox Zero, and I can dump the game via ddd if needed, I just need to know if I can figure out if the disc does have an update on it, and if so if it actually is the right verison.

many thanks..if confirmed then off i go purchasing that game..haven't played that yet anyway on my WiiU so it's a win-win..

Mathew_Wi

bye
Trophies
XP
Country
And then happens a RAID at Mathew's home...

For what?

Did Mathew_Wi really update his Twitter profile or was it all a ruse being played on here? There's nothing on his profile stating of an imminent release...

Before this turns into a shitfest...

I updated my profile pictures. I didn't tweet anything.

Also, to clear things up, I am not working on "IOSU" anymore. But before you take that as me lying to everyone, I was only involved up until those videos that were shared by NWPlayer123 and TiniVi.

Other people are doing it now. Anything that is released will not be by me.

All I did was recommended people update because something is coming, and had doubts about anything being backported. I did not promise any release date, nor do I know it.

Honestly, after seeing what some of you said about Hykem recently, I don't think a good amount of you deserve anything. Be glad that isn't my call to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning