Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
No. Literally everyone is teasing about IOSU tools, if so, this thread would have not existed
That's not teasing. That's what we call, here on GBAtemp, Soon™ing.

S6nsguh.gif

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, the thing about the SALT team is that they teased something huge in the past, and then ultimately decided to stay closed source. I don't doubt that they actually have cracked 5.5.1 IOSU. Not in the slightest. What I and most others doubt is whether they release or not.
Remind me what that was again? Sorry for bothering you :(

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Remind me what that was again? Sorry for bothering you :(
SALT showed off a9lh for months before it was publicly available, and got CFW running on 9.6 and newer earlier than other people also.

That being said, I am fairly sure that SALT does plan on releasing IOSUHax for the Wii U. Dazzozo himself has said that they definitely plan on releasing it once it's complete.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc they got the 9.6 FIRM keys and had CFW running on 10.3 before anyone else and didn't release it (but maybe that's not what Atro is talking about).
SALT showed off a9lh for months before it was publicly available, and got CFW running on 9.6 and newer earlier than other people also.

That being said, I am fairly sure that SALT does plan on releasing IOSUHax for the Wii U. Dazzozo himself has said that they definitely plan on releasing it once it's complete.
Oh. OK. Thanks! :yay3ds:

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, just to make sure I've got this right...

1.) There is no advantage to staying on 5.3.2, as opposed to updating to 5.5.1. There may be unreleased / undiscovered 5.3.2 exploits that are patched in 5.5.1, but who needs those, since the exploits we have in 5.5.1 work 100% of the time, and offer us all the access we could want?

2.) Even if SALT does not release IOSUHax, everything that is currently possible on 5.3.2 is also possible on 5.5.1. There is no real reason to not update to 5.5.1.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States

1.) There is no advantage to staying on 5.3.2, as opposed to updating to 5.5.1. There may be unreleased / undiscovered 5.3.2 exploits that are patched in 5.5.1, but who needs those, since the exploits we have in 5.5.1 work 100% of the time, and offer us all the access we could want?

2.) Even if SALT does not release IOSUHax, everything that is currently possible on 5.3.2 is also possible on 5.5.1. There is no real reason to not update to 5.5.1.
That is correct.

Also, even if SALT ends up not releasing IOSUHax, other developers are also working on it and the IOSU exploits that are currently being researched are for 5.5.1.

Reactions: Smash Br0

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North

Exactly. That's why it is kinda useless to not update, since it will likely just make you wait more when the IOSU exploit is released (because of the need to port it).

Reactions: Smash Br0

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They should wait and release it until christmas, it would be a nice gift

Would be a good choice, usually around the holidays, people are mass buying consoles and what not.
Releasing the exploit on Christmas would allow more people to enjoy it.

Ofcourse, this is all theoretically.
But I kinda do agree with your point.

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
People are still looking at this and talking about it?

What this site needs is 10 proper chat rooms and each one set with a topic and everyone talks in there about stuff than here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night