Hacking Mathew_Wi said: Update to 5.5.1 while you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting really excited for this now. I'm really hoping this allows Region Free with real discs (I know its possible with loadiine, I just think its much simpler using physical media IMO.)

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Getting really excited for this now. I'm really hoping this allows Region Free with real discs (I know its possible with loadiine, I just think its much simpler using physical media IMO.)

Maybe going a little OT by mentioning it... but, DDD does do this just fine and it's very much running from the disc. Saves are even stored on the Wii U.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand all the hype regarding the possible release of the ISOUHAX, but it may be wise to pump our brakes a little as we tend to have great expectations and ideas for what it may deliver, when first we should focus on just letting the devs deliver at their discretion. I made the grave mistake of starting a hype train more than a month before the latest Gateway release because the wording in their press release led me to improperly assume a release was actually closer than it really was. If the powers that be decide to bestow ISOUHAX upon us, I will gladly take my place in line to benefit from their labors, lets just not put the carriage before the horse here.

Zenrakei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know i am only a stupid new user, i know that in 26 pages of thread all users like me asked this milion of times but the latest post of Dark0rex made me doubtful so i am glad if someone would reply me again without blasting me with bazooka. I am on 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.1, should i really update? If yes is the method of the exploit the same or should i change something?(like files, bookmarks etc.). I ever stayed on 5.3.2 since i bought the console and all worked perfectly so i want to be sure. Thank you

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know i am only a stupid new user, i know that in 26 pages of thread all users like me asked this milion of times but the latest post of Dark0rex made me doubtful so i am glad if someone would reply me again without blasting me with bazooka. I am on 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.1, should i really update? If yes is the method of the exploit the same or should i change something?(like files, bookmarks etc.). I ever stayed on 5.3.2 since i bought the console and all worked perfectly so i want to be sure. Thank you

It is really your call. If ISOUHAX is released Nintendo would be quick to act in order to protect their product and you may lose the ablilty to update later. That is the intent behind this thread to make users aware. The consensus is that you are giving up nothing by updating to 5.5.1 from 5.3.2 or earlier. I have a 5.3.2 and 5.5.1 Wii U and currently see no pros or cons to either firmwares with current hacks so if ISOUHAX never releases I am perfectly fine with the current setup. Good luck in whatever you choose.

Reactions: owek1 and Zenrakei

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

add this website to your bookmarks
http://loadiine.ovh
click on kernel for loadiine
then go to kernel examples to launch hbl or gx2

Last edited by aljpn91,

posthum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm considering buying a Wii U and upgrading it to 5.5.1 in order to be ready for any potential IOSU release which may or may not be around the corner... Torn as to whether to go for the 8GB or the 32GB console - are we anticipating any advantage to having the extra local storage on the 32GB version when/if this thing gets blown wide open with an IOSU release? Or would buying a large USB HDD or SD card render the local storage effectively redundant?

Reactions: stl25

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If ISOUHAX delivers on all the info being thrown around the internal storage of the Wii U should be insignificant. With 256 GB SD cards (I know they are pricey) and USB 3.0 HDD routinely selling for around 80-90 bucks I would hope the 24 GB difference in Wii U capacity is irrelevant. All that being said if you can get the 32 GB for a decent price why not.

Reactions: posthum

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want more emulators. :D
The gamepad makes for night time gaming parties. :P
Grab some chocolate or strawberry milk and some cookies and or coffee and is back to 2002 with GBA and wormlight again..... but far better. :)

A48AWEh.png

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually I self host my exploits from my computer, but for some reason the homebrew loader didn't load. I'm guessing some files may be out of date or something. I was able to launch loadiine from an exploit hosted by someone else just fine. If anyone has a good, reliable pack they use on 5.5.1, please feel free to share it.

Last edited by Drak0rex,
Reactions: Zenrakei

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, I opened my brand new Super Mario Maker bundle.

It was on 5.4.0

I updated to 5.5.1 :)

Now I want to block the update servers but only for that wii u, because I have another wii u here that I don't mind updating on the same network

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually I self host my exploits from my computer, but for some reason the homebrew loader didn't load. I'm guessing some files may be out of date or something. I was able to launch loadiine from an exploit hosted by someone else just fine. If anyone has a good, reliable pack they use on 5.1, please feel free to share it.
Maybe replace the Homebrew loader file? Format sd card? Sometimes it helps. Files do get corrupted.

Ok, I opened my brand new Super Mario Maker bundle.

It was on 5.4.0

I updated to 5.5.1 :)

Now I want to block the update servers but only for that wii u, because I have another wii u here that I don't mind updating on the same network
Visit Loadiine.ovh, there is instructions on how to block updates for system, but you won't be able to access eshop or downloads on it with it active. It requires you to set up dns instead of auto obtain from wifi settings in the system settings

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I just want more emulators. :D
The gamepad makes for night time gaming parties. :P
Grab some chocolate or strawberry milk and some cookies and or coffee and is back to 2002 with GBA and wormlight again..... but far better. :)

A48AWEh.png
I still have my GBA with that light, I hate to break it to you but it was useless.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I still have my GBA with that light, I hate to break it to you but it was useless.
yeah recently i bought an used gba sp to replay my gba games thank god for the backlight lol, my original ds is broken and the 3ds doesnt play gba games so yeah i decided to buy a used gbasp wich im very happy.

Reactions: SomeGamer

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
yeah recently i bought an used gba sp to replay my gba games thank god for the backlight lol, my original ds is broken and the 3ds doesnt play gba games so yeah i decided to buy a used gbasp wich im very happy.
The 3DS does an GBA games. Just not from carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0