Hacking Mathew_Wi said: Update to 5.5.1 while you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What risks? A9LH is perfectly fine and there is no reason to have a Emunand with it, as it's pointless due to having a CFW SysNand environment, which has Firm protection against updates and Arm9 payloads at boot.
the risk is downgrading and getting your OTP and the process on setting it up

also they should just keep IOSU underwraps till BOTW is released

i am about to buy a 128gb msd ,and i would like usb loading but i can wait ,when it comes i will just use the 128 card in my N3ds
i just hope there it will be easy to keep everything for vwii and wiiu on one HDD ,2 partitions is fine though

Last edited by weatMod,

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the risk is downgrading and getting your OTP and the process on setting it up

also they should just keep IOSU underwraps till BOTW is released

i am about to buy a 128gb msd ,and i would like usb loading but i can wait ,when it comes i will just use the 128 card in my N3ds
i just hope there it will be easy to keep everything for vwii and wiiu on one HDD ,2 partitions is fine though
There isn't really a risk in downgrading to 2.1. You only downgrade your emunand, then OTPhelper makes sure it's safe to write to your sysnand. The biggest risk is the 9.2 downgrade.

Reactions: weatMod

smurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm interested in emulators without injecting roms every time, do you think that a porting of Retroarch will be possible in native WiiU mode?

Reactions: joacosur15

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people use EmuNAND to reduce NAND writes, potentially making it last longer.

Bit off topic, but I have A9LH on my O3DS, still using GW emuNAND on N3DS though. I've put too much work into it to deal with setting up A9LH, and I haven't seen an easy guide to follow in moving my GW emuNAND over to Luma at all.

Reactions: Reecey

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Bit off topic, but I have A9LH on my O3DS, still using GW emuNAND on N3DS though. I've put too much work into it to deal with setting up A9LH, and I haven't seen an easy guide to follow in moving my GW emuNAND over to Luma at all.
Actually, using your current GW EmuNAND with Luma should be as simple as checking the "Use EmuNAND" box into the Luma settings menu :)

Reactions: Maximilious

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
If you still don't understand what will IOS exploit do:
Loadiine will completely change into USB Loader GX2! :rofl2:

Anything that was possible on the Wii will be possible on the Wii U!

Even installing a Homebrew Channel!![emoji14]But we would still need to launch the exploit to disable checks... :(

I'll pee myself if a boot exploit was included as a surprise! [emoji15]

Reactions: memomo

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can Spoof and get updates (This doesn't requires a Cfw) but it seems that your best bet it's just update to 5.5.1 while you can , then update Splatoon and any other game you have in the eShop and when you're done updating block updates again and wait for iOS U to be released.

5.5.1 has a kernel exploit so you don't miss anything from updating , although it's your choice :P

Oh cool thanks!
probably a stupid question, but can you update a "Back up" game like Smash bros?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in emulators without injecting roms every time, do you think that a porting of Retroarch will be possible in native WiiU mode?
Emulators have been possible this entire time, no need for IOSU.
@brienj made a demo Gameboy emulator to show this off, and iirc @QuarkTheAwesome was working on RetroU.

Also, can we knock if off with the 3DS discussion? Off topic chat would be somewhat acceptable in small quantities, but off topic chat that has its own proper section should be kept off the WiiU section.

Last edited by 7Robins,
Reactions: QuarkTheAwesome

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. Loadiine supports this. Check the Loadiine GX2 OP

Ok I just got 5.5.1 and updating Splatoon now, man I can't wait! xD
I was calling the Wii U shit the day before Splatoon came out, 3 days later
I had a Wii U with Splatoon and an Amiibo lol xD

I'll try updating with Loadiine next, I don't know if the one I have is GX2 tough,
I have to check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yay solitude again