Mass Effect and Dragon Age DLC have been made free as EA discontinues BioWare Points system

ndksa.png

In the past, downloadable content for certain EA titles required users to buy specific "BioWare Points" to purchase them. This applied to Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age II, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3. Years after the fact, EA is retiring the BioWare Points system, and will also be making the DLC that was exclusive to that currency free to obtain. On October 11th, EA will remove BioWare Points from its store, and in the interim, for users that do have leftover points can use them on Mass Effect 3's multiplayer packs, which still require them.

:arrow: Source

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Meanwhile they gave away the legendary edition to amazon prime members.
Yeah, get it yesterday.
Sad thing that I onw original 1 and 2 game.
But now there only a way to get 3rd game only as trilogy for full price...

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, get it yesterday.
Sad thing that I onw original 1 and 2 game.
But now there only a way to get 3rd game only as trilogy for full price...
Bummer I forgot all about it. I have the second one, but the first one is my thing.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am calling sus! Those bastards are up to something!
Normally yes. However here if I was going to do the whole betting thing then there were various countries and territories that strongly disliked abstracting currency away and also the lack of pay this rather than buy in more credit than you can use immediately (there is a reason you no longer see Microsoft points, Nintendo points and whatever Sony used for PSN back on the PS3 with everything being regional currency of choice).

Whether the time limits to change ran out (or are set to run out, about the time the three above ditched them then it is about the same as the grace period for most laws) or some bean counter at EA did the maths and realised it was not worth the hassle (if the points were not allowed to expire then it would potentially fall under an unfunded liability so they in turn have to keep however many say millions available indefinitely for it/note it for any loans they wanted to take out, same reason "lifetime warranty" is not a thing any more or at least not officially).

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What content for ME was locked behind bioware points? AFAIK, on PS3, for example, all dlc was locked via direct purchase on the PSN store.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...They're not gonna patch ME3 to remove the godawful War Assets link to multiplayer success, are they...?
I still haven't played ME3 Legendary, so hopefully it's removed there.

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, this is Origin only. Title of this thread doesn't make it clear, but this is ORIGIN, PC only.

ah, ok then.

I bought the OG me1 and me2 on steam years ago, so no chance for me. thats no problem at all, because I also got the legendary for free on amazon, XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them