Marvelous/XSEED 2024 showcase provides updates on new Story of Seasons and Rune Factory games

Japanese video game publisher Marvelous Entertainment has some new announcements to make. Plenty of brand new games are on the way, including entries into the Story of Seasons and Rune Factory franchises. A 30-minute video showcase has shown off all the announcements, which we've summarized below.

Farmagia is a new anime styled game with dragons. It was known as Project Magia when it was teased last year.

Story of Seasons is next. There's a focus on nature and appreciating the seasons. Cats and dogs are confirmed to be in the game.

There's a Japanese-only mobile game in the Bikkuriman Devil Vs Angel series called Bikkuriman Wonder Collection. You collect stickers in order to fight with them. It's available as of today in Japan.

Pokemon Frienda is another Japanese-only game. It's an arcade cabinet that'll be releasing in arcades in July. It features a 50in touchscreen where you can catch and fight Pokemon. Every throw of a Pokeball is 100 yen.

Try Catch is a new claw machine with Story of Seasons themed prizes. Launches November.

Story of Seasons is getting a fluffy cow plushie, a major news story, which will be available in Japan only starting this July.

Bo: Path of the Teal Lotus is a new game. It has a focus on Japanese folklore. Has action combat. Launches July 18 in Japan, for consoles and PC. It's a Kickstarter game, published by Humble.

Death the Guitar is next. The game is a 2D action platformer where you play as a guitar. It's described as a vibrant and violent game, set to launch in 2025.

Moonlight Peaks is a farming sim, but you grow vampiric crops for Dracula. There's a variety of dateable mythical creatures like mermaids and werewolves. Launches 2026.

Rune Factory's next game, subtitled Proect Dragon, has a new trailer. 3D action combat is shown off, across different playable characters. Bows and talismans are usable weapons, in addition to Rune Factory staple weapons.

The last game is Daemon X Machina: Titanic Scion, a new entry in the series.

DragonMals

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Trophies
Country
United States
Hm..... I hope that the new Story of Seasons is Magical Melody. That was one that I have been thinking about a lot recently because while the game hasn't aged well, the characters are underrated and memorable.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie
Trophies
XP
I thought the new Rune Factory looked awesome (mostly because of the character designs) until they subtly dropped that there wouldn't be any farming :rofl: I've always been fine with mediocre combat because the farming and crafting made up for it, but now....

The dracula farming might be good, but they'll have to show some gameplay...

Reactions: brenokk

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse ME, but that 30 minute video is in Japanese, and I only speak English, French, Farci, Swahili and Finnish, which is a Uralic language of the Finnic branch...:teach:

ftjiso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belize
bo is pretty cool new rune factory doesn't have farming instead it has dancing??? weird
i actually enjoyed this more than the state of play

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I quite enjoyed Daemon X Machina.

As for Rune Factory, I hope it's better than 5. Pre-ordered the Special Edition of RF5 since I liked all the games before... I was so disappointed with the game from the town and the farming aspect to the characters and the romance.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As for Rune Factory, I hope it's better than 5. Pre-ordered the Special Edition of RF5 since I liked all the games before... I was so disappointed with the game from the town and the farming aspect to the characters and the romance.
not to mention they fucked up the equipment upgrade system by letting you cheese it with mealy apples and X. or how the post game dungeon can't be done without one particular weapon. oh guess i wasted a whole game perfecting and upgrading one weapon when i should have realized i would need more than one later... :glare:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

ftjiso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belize
I thought the new Rune Factory looked awesome (mostly because of the character designs) until they subtly dropped that there wouldn't be any farming :rofl: I've always been fine with mediocre combat because the farming and crafting made up for it, but now....

The dracula farming might be good, but they'll have to show some gameplay...
for me the combat and farming are 1:1 great but since this doesn't have farming iduno.. sounds weird not too upset though since this isn't rune factory 6 just a spinoff

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i am disappointed with project dragon basically not being rune factory rather - at that point its, its own game cause they decided to stinking remove farming and replace it with dancing; its awful and a joke as well, cause ima dance like a jackass towards the enemies bro.. i cant ☠️.. i just cant i am bummed out.
another thing i wanna know when rune factory 6 is realising they haven't said anything on it being at least worked on hard instead its just project dragon... i am glad for story of seasons new game but sad for the release date possibly being next year but its fine i can just play the oldies while i wait i just am bummed and impatient cause it looks so cute n cool so far xD

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
i am disappointed with project dragon basically not being rune factory rather - at that point its, its own game cause they decided to stinking remove farming and replace it with dancing; its awful and a joke as well, cause ima dance like a jackass towards the enemies bro.. i cant ☠️.. i just cant i am bummed out.
another thing i wanna know when rune factory 6 is realising they haven't said anything on it being at least worked on hard instead its just project dragon... i am glad for story of seasons new game but sad for the release date possibly being next year but its fine i can just play the oldies while i wait i just am bummed and impatient cause it looks so cute n cool so far xD
I swear Rune Factory spin-off are always cursed to be imperfect one way or another. Frontier is almost perfect except Runey system. ToD is also pretty good, except wtf with the farming system? There project seem more like a test ground for main series, to see what gonna stick and what not.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
More Generic story of woke seasons and Rune Factory 5 flop so not sure why anyone would be hype for it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: Greetings, Gentlemen