Homebrew MarioKart SNES

Miltank

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why doesn't MarioKart works on my SNES emulators...?
hate2.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not mode7 the SNESDS emulators are lacking (SnemulDS and SnezziDS both supports mode7). It's the fact that Super Mario Kart SNES has a special chip in the cartridge that the SNES DS emulators don't support. The chip in Mario Kart is called the "DSP". Here's a list of all the games with special chips:

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNES_games_with_special_chips

None of these will work on any SNES emulators for DS.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miltank said:
grog.gif

Thanks... I didn't know that.
Mario Kart DS has a few tracks from the SNES Mario Kart. I believe it has 4 tracks from the SNES game in fact. Unless the DS developers ever get these chips to run on a DS (VERY unlikely), it looks like you're stuck with the DS game.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DBMONK said:
kobykaan said:
DBMONK said:
that sucks, mario kart on snes = WIN

You can however soft mod an old style XBOX and use the XBOX SNES emulator and play MARIO KART and all the other great SNES roms just fine
smile.gif

cool, thanks..... *dusts off old xbox*

now, how do i do it????

YOU NEED

1) ORIGINAL SPLINTER CELL game

2) MAKE A USB to XBOX controller adapter ***

3) XBOX ACTION REPLAY SOFTWARE (google) to load the exploit save game)

4) USB STICK or mem card reader and sd card (I used my M3 REAL mem card adapter and a micro sd as my 6 usb sticks I got kicking about were incompatible with the XBOX
frown.gif
)

5) SID4.NK.Loader.SplinterCell.PAL.zip or SID4.NK.Loader.SplinterCell.NTSC.zip (this is the exploit save)

*** make the usb to XBOX connector by getting a spare XBOX quick release/breakaway connector that plugs between your controller and the console and hack the end off close to the connector at the opposite end to what goes in the XBOX and strip the casing back to reveal the individual wires you do not need the YELLOW WIRE the others are GREEN/RED/BLACK/WHITE

get a USB extension cable and cut off the MALE END strip back the casing and expose the colored wires you just now need to match up the colored wires and twist or solder them to each other eg RED to RED ..GREEN to GREEN etc the yellow one you can just cut short so its not in the way its not needed!

this is your homebrew soft modding cable
wink.gif

for more info and the rest of the guide GOOGLE for HOW TO: Use a USB Thumbdrive as a Memory Card (For Softmod)

the hardest part is figuring out how to get the drivers installed to detect the XBOX formatted mem card
smile.gif

remember to NOT FORMAT the mem card in the computer once the XBOX has formatted it or it will not work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o