ROM Hack Question Mario Tennis aces demo save editing?

Tonydaexpert

C++ Pleb, but with a Monado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since your scores would be marked online and some regions offer rewards for high placement would it be possible to edit your save and get a bunch of points? Someone should try it out if it’s possible to see what happens.Is the save encrypted ? (I am on vacation currently so I can’t try it out) you can get points with COM matches and later upload them online so it should work.

Scarlet

Editorial Aspirant
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is so stupid. You don't think they'd track your progression? It sends your score to the server after every match, they'd notice a jump from 10 points to 100k. Just play the demo and enjoy it while it's available. You can unlock all nine characters within an hour.

Edit:
Let me just give you some numbers to help. You get 10 points for beating a CPU. Each match takes, say, three minutes? Getting 10 points every three minutes, and assuming you play for the full 72 hours (I think the demo is online for less than that but eh), the maximum you'd have is 14,400. If you want even a shot at any kind of prize, you would need upwards of 100k points.

Last edited by Scarlet,
Reactions: Sonicbrawler

Tonydaexpert

C++ Pleb, but with a Monado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so stupid. You don't think they'd track your progression? It sends your score to the server after every match, they'd notice a jump from 10 points to 100k. Just play the demo and enjoy it while it's available. You can unlock all nine characters within an hour.

Edit:
Let me just give you some numbers to help. You get 10 points for beating a CPU. Each match takes, say, three minutes? Getting 10 points every three minutes, and assuming you play for the full 72 hours (I think the demo is online for less than that but eh), the maximum you'd have is 14,400. If you want even a shot at any kind of prize, you would need upwards of 100k points.
Someone should try it anyways... Call it an experiment

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/7sqwbGI-ZcM?si=73M_qQxgKt3zoifl +2