Mario Tennis Aces demo goes live later today

Mario Tennis: Aces will be launching near the end of this month, on June 22, but if you're excited to try the game out before it releases, Nintendo has you covered. A demo for the game has been available to download on the Nintendo eShop for Switch owners, and later today, you'll be able to finally try out Ace's offline and online gameplay modes.

For those in European/UK territories, you'll be able to access the game at 3 pm BST, and will run to June 3 at 11:59 pm.

North American players can start playing from 9 pm PDT until 11:59 on June 3.

Those that play the demo and eventually purchase the game when it releases will get a bonus classic costume for Mario.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES FINALLY SOMEONE POST IT! :)

I can't wait to try, as soon as I take myself away from street fighter collection . :P

I just hope others will play, most people here seem to be interested in homebrew that they won't even care to update and download from eshop :(

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is effectively the finished version of Ultra Smash? I'm looking forward to it, but it's hard to imagine anything on the level of Power Tour or that it's going to be good enough to shell out a full $60 for. We'll find out tonight!

Reactions: chartube12

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So this is effectively the finished version of Ultra Smash? I'm looking forward to it, but it's hard to imagine anything on the level of Power Tour or that it's going to be good enough to shell out a full $60 for. We'll find out tonight!
While I don't know much about Mario Tennis at all, it supposedly has a full campaign with unique missions and boss battles, I heard something about an light RPG-ish progression mechanic and a lot of people were saying it looked extremely promising for Mario Tennis.

Nightflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Mario Tennis Power Tour was a wonderful installment, I spent many hours on that one! I bought Ultra Smash the moment it came out (in anticipation of another Power Tour) and was heavily disappointed, I've got my hopes up for this one though. Sadly, I cannot spare any minute this weekend and test this game, I'm waiting for a preliminary GBAtemp review then ;)

Reactions: Glyptofane

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Definitively the successor to Power Tennis we've been wanting for so long now. Having a blast with it, it's pure fun.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone exoplain me... Is mario tennis game that popular?
Honnestly? Because I never really saw any interess in this franchise
I think at face value it sounds like an uninteresting sports game with Mario tacked on. If I never played the original on N64 that's probably what I would have thought.
But basically, it's just a super fun & competitive game and the multiplayer's great. Would definitely recommend trying the original, GBC or GC versions.

Same goes for Super Mario Strikers- some of the greatest multiplayer times I've ever had.

Reactions: Noctosphere

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think at face value it sounds like an uninteresting sports game with Mario tacked on. If I never played the original on N64 that's probably what I would have thought.
But basically, it's just a super fun & competitive game and the multiplayer's great. Would definitely recommend trying the original, GBC or GC versions.

Same goes for Super Mario Strikers- some of the greatest multiplayer times I've ever had.
Thanks, might give it a try

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I never liked any of the previous Mario tennis, I even find the tennis on Wii sport more enjoyable.

And where is Paper Mario :whip:

D

DeletedMember411838

So this game isnt working for me lol, just keeps saying service is unavailable.

D

DeletedMember411838

About 8 1/2 hours to go before it's available to actually play.

Oh, hmm strange but okay. Was EU released first? All kinds of threads on reddit about it being laggy so they playing it lol.

Edit: yep they have had it for 6 hours, not sure why they would make us wait till 9pm lol, guess I have to wait till tomorrow. Kind of dumb that EU gets 6 more hours of play than we do as well :(.

Last edited by ,
D

DeletedMember411838

Yeah, 3 PM BST. Which, when converted, is 8 AM where I live. So they seemingly get an extra 12-13 hours with it.

Well they get 6 hours, because it ends at midnight there time, and midnight for us too. But still, still pretty bogus they get more time, and that we get it so late, I dont care about online, my daughter wants to try the game to see if she wants it for her birthday, which she will have to wait till tomorrow for now.

Reactions: Xzi

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
IMG_20180601_200737.jpg

Won my first online match and really liked it!

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?