Hacking Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games

staticfritz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you try to take the cannon from Cubynthe to World 5, it still freezes. Other cards have the same issue (like the DSST) but it shouldn't be listed as a working rom when it doesn't work all the way.

Any way the CycloDS team can fix this? Anyone get this to work with any other methods?

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is it listed as working with Cyclo?
And anyway, I think pretty much every cart fixed it. Are you sure DSTT didn't?

staticfritz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, from reading around, the only card that plays the game past the transition from world 4 to 5 seems to be Acekard.

If you look at the changes posted for the update for beta 4 it cites game compatibility with both the US and EU versions of the game (4262, 4323). Since the freeze occurs on both dumps of the rom, it seems that this is a secondary AP not noticeable until much later in the game.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell, is that so difficult to fix this game?

Anyway, yeah, it seems it was reported as working in a beta, but either it broke in a later beta or it wasn't really fixed.

staticfritz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Jackthelad, thanks for pointing out the compatibility site. If you read the release notes for beta3, it mentions that the US and EU versions were fixed, but the microsite acknowledges that it doesn't work past Cubyrinth. Too bad, cause I really like playing this game.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be hopefully fixed in the next update, since according to TC they will now work on game fixes after they've finished with Stealth Mode.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
i haven't read the release notes for beta3, seems kinda odd to mention that the game was fixed when obviously it hadn't, guess they will come up with a fix for it soon though

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear that this game is finally completely fixed.
And just a head's up, the 1.56 Final firmware is out, so you might want to considering updating even though beta 7 fixed the problem for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...