Mario Party for Switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by osaeed09, Jun 5, 2017.

?

Would you be interested in Mario Party for Nintendo Switch?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. Maybe

28.0%
  3. Not interested

22.0%
  1. osaeed09
    OP

osaeed09 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    Anyone hoping a Mario Party for Nintendo Switch?

The joycons accelerometer, HD rumble and gyroscope can be fully utilized. Multiplayer out in the park, at your friends house or during lunch break.

What say you?

Memoir likes this.

2. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    You have a great idea! I've always worried about cleaning up blood after a fight breaks out between my friends and I, so it'll be nice for mother nature to take care of it instead.

3. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    ...is it going to have the car mechanic?

alpha_noj likes this.
  4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    if they drop the all in the same damn car mechanic and the finished map thing mechanic and go back to buying stars then sure, why cant they make mario party games like they used too? 1-7 were great no idea why they went with the damn car mechanic, that no one likes since 8 and havent dropped the damn thing.

Last edited by pedro702, Jun 5, 2017
    Quantumcat likes this.
  5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    No. Played it a long time ago and don't liked it now. Ugh!

6. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    MP10 was shit so I don't expect MP11 to be any good either.

CatmanFan likes this.
  7. CatmanFan

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    I fucking agree with that, just paying 50 bucks for a Mario Party shovelware? You can kiss my lips on that one. :ninja:

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  8. crypt1c

crypt1c Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    the corner of anxious and depressed
    MP10 was not my favorite entry in the series but if they can fix some of the mechanics like adding an option to play together or separately I would be very interested. I loved the franchise growing up and still play MP1-8 with friends and family. I think the Switch would be a lovely system to play MP on.

Eurasiam likes this.
  9. CatmanFan

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    I'm OK with it s long as the next Mario Party game for Switch isn't a sequel to Mario Party 10 in terms of gameplay, graphics, soundtrack and stuff. I want it to be more like something like Mario Party: Island Tour or Mario Party 9.

10. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    The new Mario party games suck.

11. Mansize

Mansize GBATemp Hardware

GBAtemp Patron
    Mansize is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 18, 2017
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    It will come. By the time they announce it everyone will be crying "NO! NOT AGAIN NO PLEASE PREVENT ME FROM BUYING THIS GAME!" And then everyone goes and buys it. I really hope they will drop the AWFUL boards, and focus just on the multiplayer mini games. That should be the core of the game. Not some random dice rolling crap where you randomly receive or lose points ("Stars"), making it extremely arbitrary who actually wins. -_-.

12. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    The developers answers are because they didn't like how in the time that's not a player's turn, they weren't that involved with the game and what their friends were doing.

Personally, I don't mind the way it is in the older games. It's a nice break after chaos and it's also secretly gratifying to do something to your friend without them noticing right away and suddenly they flare up and start pointing fingers.

13. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    As long as it's as good as the first four, sure, if not, forget it.

14. Eddypikachu

Eddypikachu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    Idk where I heard it but I remember hearing that the real reason why they dont do turn based, buy stars mechanic anymore after mario party 8 is because in 2012 hudson soft ceased to exist and they are no longer able to use that formula since hudson was the creator and has the rights to that specific formula so nintendo is legally unable to use it since hudson soft is no longer a company or something dont quote me on that

15. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Somewhere
    I did read something like that about Hudson's death part of the reason they changed formula, BUT, I don't think it was because Hudson owns something that Ninty can't do, considering MP8 exist which is pretty similar with the others.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind the car mechanic be back, I always found them better since it's more fair to the players on Multiplayer and gives a better chance to not so experienced players. I grew bored of beating every person I played with on the older Mario Parties (as they are pretty much unfair with less skilled players and they have to depend on luck and dice). I would love a middle ground of both though.

16. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    Get rid of the car / group vehicle and bring back the traditional "one player controls their own movement". Make it an homage to Mario Party 2, 3, or 5 and you can have my wallet.

17. Eddypikachu

Eddypikachu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    Mario party 8 was developed by hudson soft and released in 2007, hudson soft disbanded in 2012. Mario party 9 and later were not developed by hudson soft and did not have the original formula in them

18. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Somewhere
    After a quick search, yeah, Hudson did develop MP8, my bad. There's Island Tour though, maybe Hudson owns the turn based game with minigames after each round format I guess? Though I dunno, I don't think companies can own specific game formats... right?

19. MeowMeowMeow

MeowMeowMeow GBAtemp Regular

Apr 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    I hope nintendo includes the online mode, such a shame 3ds version had not an online option.

KingVamp likes this.
  20. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Make it from scratch and not a Wii U port, and sure. Switch multi would be a blast!