antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So if Mario is the mascot of Nintendo and Sonic the Hedgehog is the mascot of Sega, which is better? Mario or Sonic?

Click the Add Reply button to tell me which is better.

R1C3 N1NJA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preety Evened Out(: mario can transform and be like shoot fireballs and turn into a turtle and even fly(: but sonic is like superfast and can just dodge all the attacks and come in and trip mario(: but if mario has the star thing then its over lol(: so i choose mario!

GustavoBacci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Antonkan, i think MAD_BOY wanted to say that he prefers mario on 3d games and sonic on the 2d ones. Not that he ignored the games of both, just said his opinion, that i agree with.

mario for 3d
sonic for 2d

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I was a kid, I might have said sonic. But now that sega has all but completly ran the franchise into the ground, I'd have to say mario by a mile.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this may surprise and/or upset a lot of people, but I never did like Mario games. None of them. Unless you want to count the original Donkey Kong....I did like that. With a few exceptions, I was pretty anti-Nintendo all the way up until about a year before the DS launched when I bought a GBA SP as my first Nintendo system. Even now, it's mostly 3rd-party games that I like and very few Ninty made games appeal to me.

I liked the original Genesis Sonics and the SegaCD Sonic and even the two DS 2D Sonics were OK, but all the 3D ones I've ever played sucked, IMO. I didn't care for the GBA Sonics....can't really explain why, but.....I don't know, didn't care for them.

I never did see the appeal of Mario games. To me, they lacked any "coolness" to counter the cutesy like Sonic games did with their speed.

But here's the thing, when the NES was popular, I was into Commodore 64 and Intellivision. When SNES came out, I was into Sega Genesis. Nintendo never figured into my life other than at friend's houses where I enjoyed games like Punch-Out, Gradius, F-Zero and Contra 3. There were other systems along the way....3D0, Vectrex, Colecovison and then ancient ones like Odyssey 2 and Magnavox Pong and a few I have since forgotten, but they were minor in comparison. The last console I ever owned was PS1, after that it was only PC until my first GBA SP in 2003, and then a DS when it launched. Since I didn't own an NES or SNES or any other Ninty console, Mario games never had a chance grow on me.....at this point, they probably never will.

So, I voted Sonic.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
I voted Sonic the Hedgehog.

The only mario game i played was mario 64 on the N64 other than that I never got into platforms.

I rather RPG games.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario since he is still having awesome revolutionary and just glorious games. If Sonic has a decent game nowadays, there is always something really bad to drag half the game down. Sonic Unleashed had really good fast paced stages, but really mediocre and boring slow stages.

Mario has saved the game industry, revolutionized all forms of platforming, and remained constantly excellent throughout his series (not including weird spinoff education games and CDi crap). He's made excellent games in all these genres-

- 2D platforming
- 3D platforming
- RPG's
- Racing
- Boardgame party games
tongue.gif

- Most sports such as Tennis, Baseball, and Soccer

All we need now is some sort of flight sim. Maybe they'll do that since Nintendo sees fit to ignore the Star Fox franchise. Even less popular Mario games like Mario Sunshine have still been really good.

(no I don't hate Sonic games. I really like them. The Genesis games were incredible, Sonic CD was excellent, and I even like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. But the series has not remained good, something Mario has done)

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mario. The epitome of Sonic games was Sonic 3 + Knuckles. Mario has managed to adapt to different game genres, survived the 2D to 3D transition admirably, and still manages to retain the same fun factor of his very first adventures.

You just can't say the same about Sonic. He only came around because Sega thought they needed a mascot too. Sony tried it with Crash Bandicoot, and look what happened to him. No character compares to Mario, period.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario without any hesitation. Good sonic games are diamonds in the rough if you ask me. Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure are the only 2 that I have enjoyed lately.

tojomajojo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
old sonic before that "anime" makeover thing

you know when sonic ran with his hands infront of him, he was chubby and was completely silent
and the games didn't suck

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
tojomajojo said:
old sonic before that "anime" makeover thing

you know when sonic ran with his hands infront of him, he was chubby and was completely silent
and the games didn't suck
Heh, yeah...

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without thinking i clicked "Mario." After thinking about it, i realized that i couldn't have been more right. Yay for instincts!

Sonic has a few fun games. Sonic 1-3 (w/ or w/out the knuckles addon) and Sonic Spinball. Those were (are?) fantastic games. I still pop Spinball and Sonic 1 in from time to time (by "pop...in" i mean play them on my phone/psp/ds
tongue.gif
), but i play them for a few minutes, and i'm good. (well, spinball, i can still play for hours on end. such a GREAT game).

However, Mario games are still regularly played (in my house) to this day. Mario Party and Kart are tossed into the wii (or ds) at LEAST once a week. I haven't played a "new" sonic game in... Hmm... Sonic Adventure 2 on Dreamcast? (Ooo, another REALLY fun one!) But alas, my DC hasn't been hooked up in years. Might need to do that when i get home. Not for sonic, per say, but MvsC2 is calling my name.
wink.gif

Yea, while Sonic has the Classics thing going for him, his recent games have sucked balls... Mario has the Classics line (SMB1 is still so much fun) AND newer games, that hold up. In fact, i'm kinda interested in SMG2. The first one was surprisingly fun, so i'm hoping 2 will be as well.

Oh, and Rayder, it's go time.
BRING IT!!!

It's time for...
FISTICUFFS!!!
fisticuffs.jpg

Me---^...................................^---You (oh noes!)

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sonic... (but better yet is Sonic Team's NiGHTS)

Mario is too... cartoony-ethnic... (in a marginalized kind of way)... for my tastes...

"It's-a mee... Maa-ri-oo..."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Hilarious :rofl2: