Mario movie official stream is out, and so are the pirate rips ofc

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Definitely some good moments, some good ideas, like the DK fight scene has a Smash feel to it, even though i didn't like the fact that Mario was taking a beating, isn't he supposed to atleast lose health (or die?) every time he's hit by something/someone ? Again, the continuity between the mainline series and Smash games is clashing here.
- The Kart racing sequences were definitely cool, expecting the next movie to have a Grand Prix championship as the main theme, bringing video game characters from other franchises perhaps?
- i liked the moments when Mario is jumping on blocks avoiding obstacles in 2D-ish, definitely well done.
- One issue, is Luigi such a wuss in this game?? I guess they want Mario to be this epic hero, and the only way they thought that'd be achieved is by making Luigi that much of a fucking wuss (apart from the final boss fight).
Which leads me to, how did the star power up activate for both Mario & Luigi? I thought only one can take it? Maybe i'm analyzing too much (not much really, but it's still too much in this instance) since this is a kids movie after all..
- Also the final boss fight should've been somewhere elsewhere (like the Mushroom kingdom), just not in Brooklyn.
- Finally, where's the "Wario Bros"? Not even a small cameo?? Shame!

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
- Definitely some good moments, some good ideas, like the DK fight scene has a Smash feel to it, even though i didn't like the fact that Mario was taking a beating, isn't he supposed to atleast lose health (or die?) every time he's hit by something/someone ? Again, the continuity between the mainline series and Smash games is clashing here.
- The Kart racing sequences were definitely cool, expecting the next movie to have a Grand Prix championship as the main theme, bringing video game characters from other franchises perhaps?
- i liked the moments when Mario is jumping on blocks avoiding obstacles in 2D-ish, definitely well done.
- One issue, is Luigi such a wuss in this game?? I guess they want Mario to be this epic hero, and the only way they thought that'd be achieved is by making Luigi that much of a fucking wuss (apart from the final boss fight).
Which leads me to, how did the star power up activate for both Mario & Luigi? I thought only one can take it? Maybe i'm analyzing too much (not much really, but it's still too much in this instance) since this is a kids movie after all..
- Also the final boss fight should've been somewhere elsewhere (like the Mushroom kingdom), just not in Brooklyn.
- Finally, where's the "Wario Bros"? Not even a small cameo?? Shame!
Luigi is canonically a coward, see Luigi's Mansion. But yeah for the movie I guess he was the damsel in distress role.

• Sad
Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste