Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaboy95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Which option do you choose to make it start immediately in the ds while you're running the r4.bat?
I'm using a DSTT so I chose the R4 option.
I tried option 1 and 2 but they both require me to manually select the .nds file of the YSMenu before I can use it.

And the YSMENU doesn't load up the games. It has an error which says "ttpatch.dat Can't open loader"

Anyone knows how to fix this?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alphaboy95 said:
Which option do you choose to make it start immediately in the ds while you're running the r4.bat?
I'm using a DSTT so I chose the R4 option.
I tried option 1 and 2 but they both require me to manually select the .nds file of the YSMenu before I can use it.

And the YSMENU doesn't load up the games. It has an error which says "ttpatch.dat Can't open loader"

Anyone knows how to fix this?
Any particular reason you need to use YSMenu?
YSMenu uses the DSTT firmware, so isn't using YSMenu on a DSTT kind of a waste?

I don't have a DSTT, so I can't say for sure, but I think that your card has a TTMenu folder and TTMENU.DAT file.
If so, open up the "dstt.7z" file in the R4YSAuto folder and try that as your firmware.
You might have to delete a .SYS file on the root of your card to make sure that everything is using the new files.

mcgmets

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i've slaved around all day and i thought i'd make your lives very easy.

ORIGINAL R4 ONLY

VISIT THIS LINK FOR VIDEO OF INSTRUCTIONS

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE VIDEO. ITS FAIRLY CLEAR.

Basically clear your sd card off with a backup. download the links in the description as well as the r4ds.com kernal 1.18 .

THE ONE UNCLEAR PART. WHEN YOU EXTRACT THE FILES OFF HIS YSMENU.
1. EXTRACT FILE TO YOUR DESKTOP
2. OPEN FOLDER
3. COPY ALL THE CONTENTS INSIDE THAT FOLDER STRAIGHT ONTO YOUR CARD.
Do the same for the kernal 1.18

Use his rom link. its very good.

If you can't follow a video for whatever reason... turn your ds on after you put your sd card in, load the ysmenu.nds file first then load the game and it should work. This is the first way that has worked for me on an original r4.

PROPS TO THE DUDE THAT DID THE VIDEO ENJOY!!!!

IF U DO NOT LOAD YSMENU.NDS BEFORE STARTING THE GAME.... YOU WILL GET STUCK ON THAT SCREEN THAT EVERYONE GETS STUCK ON!!!!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mcgmets said:
So i've slaved around all day and i thought i'd make your lives very easy.
You could have saved yourself some time by reading the first post in this topic.
All the link (that is nowhere to be seen) is, is a pre-built YSMenu in .NDS form and possibly the unofficial 1.18 firmware.
Had you followed the instructions on the first page of this post, you would have built yourself YSMenu as firmware which provides a much better (and skinnable) user interface, has faster loading times, support for different size game saves, and wider compatibility with more up-to-date games all in a matter of 10 minutes or less.

But hey... if you want to use unofficial firmware to load a firmware packed as a NDS file, go for it.
It just seems like an awful lot of work and loading to to accomplish the same thing (Loading YSMenu) posted here a month ago.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Here's what i did this time:
Redownloaded modified Depravo version and specified YsMenu.
Used Method B (R4config then R4.bat)
Used as NDS File, (then again as firmware replacement)
All games run just fine (such as Kh 358/2).
However, in Mario and Luigi...can't select save o.o

So, what exactly Am i doing wrong?

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Gundam Eclipse said:
Here's what i did this time:
Redownloaded modified Depravo version and specified YsMenu.
Used Method B (R4config then R4.bat)
Used as NDS File, (then again as firmware replacement)
All games run just fine (such as Kh 358/2).
However, in Mario and Luigi...can't select save o.o

So, what exactly Am i doing wrong?

Here's what I did and it now works:

Follow all instructions to the letter

download the "Fixed" Depravo version from here http://www.mediafire.com/?mtbzmy2wlzz
Use Method A
Use as Media Player Replacement
Format Micro SD, doesn't sound so important but for some reason mine wouldn't work until i did

Sqall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello,is there any way to play mario and luigi on a n5 revolution?Because i simply cant order another card becausei am from montenegro and nobody delivers there

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Stupid question, does it matter if any folder is created when i extract from R4_custom_english to my flashcard?
Because none is, all of them are just there o-o.
Is there anything i should be vary of while creating YSMENU using Depravo version?
Do i need to redownload the rom perhaps?
Should i try something other than firmware replacement? Thats what i am using right now.
Every single game runs fine now. But M & L hangs on file select. That is, music plays but can't select any file.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you previously try to patch the Mario & Luigi ROM? The fix in v1.17a07 will only work if the ROM is clean (unpatched).

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
I JUST found out what was wrong o_o
It WAS the folder thing preventing M & L 3 to run.
I was extracting with WinZip all the time which extracted it normally without any folder creation. I tried WinRAR and all files ended up in the right place which allowed the game to run.
Yes, i know it makes next to no sense. But my game still managed to run somehow.
EDIT;
THANKS FOR ALL TEH HELP!
One final Q, is there any way i can use Cheat and Usrcheat at the same time??

yakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
sorry if double post

i have found how to make work on R4 SDHC

1. backup u data on mini sd card
2. download this file http://rapidshare.com/files/298572888/r4_s...ysmenu.rar.html
3. then copy all data on your card then run on you ds
4. chose ysmenu and run ysmenu.nds
5. then chose your game

i already test on nds lite..

have fun
yaynds.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gundam Eclipse said:
I JUST found out what was wrong o_o
It WAS the folder thing preventing M & L 3 to run.
I was extracting with WinZip all the time which extracted it normally without any folder creation. I tried WinRAR and all files ended up in the right place which allowed the game to run.
Yes, i know it makes next to no sense. But my game still managed to run somehow.
EDIT;
THANKS FOR ALL TEH HELP!Congrats on getting it to work!
That's kind of odd that WinZip doesn't preserve folder structure... I've used WinRAR for a long time since it has a better interface IMO.

Gundam Eclipse said:
One final Q, is there any way i can use Cheat and Usrcheat at the same time??Short answer: No.
Longer answer: Your cart reads a number of Cheat Code files, whichever is first found in the list will be used.
So if "cheat.dat" is first, and you have both "cheat.dat" and "usrcheat.dat", it will read cheat.dat and be done.

Chances are the cheat file you have is outdated, and you'd be better off grabbing the usrcheat.dat (since it's smaller and therefor quicker to download) from the Cheat Code Database -- http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ which is always kept up to date -- and deleting your cheat.dat file.
If you have any custom cheat codes, make sure to back them up first! But I would bet there's a good chance that they're included.

QUOTE(yakuma @ Oct 27 2009, 09:19 AM)
sorry if double post

i have found how to make work on R4 SDHC

1. backup u data on mini sd card
2. download this file
3. then copy all data on your card then run on you ds
4. chose ysmenu and run ysmenu.nds
5. then chose your game

i already test on nds lite..

have fun
yaynds.gif
Don't post pre-made YSMenu packages.

Censhock

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
does it work on anybody with a M3 simply? cant get it to work with the instructions on starpost...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Censhock said:
does it work on anybody with a M3 simply? cant get it to work with the instructions on starpost...
M3 Simply is an R4.
They just have different signatures(?) for firmware.
You should be able to build YSMenu as "normal"/for R4 (using the updated DSTT).
If you're having trouble with the instructions (R4YSAuto is great, but not the most user friendly), give a2h's YSMenu Generator a shot.

Note that it's a pretty good idea to 'start fresh' on your card -- copy everything from your flashcard to your computer, and then delete it all from your card. Then copy over the YSMenu you built and any games/apps you had but NOT the old firmware.

Censhock

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried it with a2h's YSMenu Generator and R4YSAuto but still didnt get it to work...YSMenu is working fine. Cant get M&L to work. I cant do anything when I want to make a new Save file.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Moonshell 2.06 Stable is out. It has native support for ez 3 in 1 and a built in text editor. I assume it fixes some bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN